PDA

View Full Version : ideas for nova project <share yours>

projectcoshanova
20-02-06, 10:19 PM
:thumb: hi guys this is my project recently a 1.2 nova merit tried to keep it original as possible:roll: but now looks a bit like a racing car :D so wanted any ideas how to make it look more meaner etc sharing all your ideas and suggestions would be brilliant as im now thinkin of gettin different bumpers etc:thumb: thanx dal p.s thanx to the people who helped in tellin me how to post images thanx very much:thumb: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/projectcoshanova/novaproject003.jpg

Jack
20-02-06, 10:27 PM
For lazy people
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/projectcoshanova/novaproject003.jpg

I'd say get some GTE sideskirts and window frames, then paint them and the bumpers and grill black. Astra Mk4 indicators too!

tappingt
20-02-06, 10:28 PM
Like it original, looks clean. But maybe a change isnt a bad idea. I am not a fan of bodykits etc so here are a couple of ideas that are cost effective as well as improving the look of your nova. A set of cav gsi rims wont be expensive and would make a mass difference (anthracite black, best colour). smooth your tailgate, smooth your front bumper and add a laguna splitter, smooth the rear bumper, add the old GTE sideskirts and wrap around spoiler maybe smoked rear lights, t-cut the paint get some gloss back. Mayb respray the bumpers black to match sidekirts and rims. And i believe you would have a mint car, maybe lower further though cant tell from pic. Sorry just my opinion.

projectcoshanova
20-02-06, 10:35 PM
lol not that lazy razor but it helped anyway but some very good ideas there will keep in mind...i have got sideskirts to go with it there red also but havent got round to fitting em yet.going to make another thread with pics of the problems i got with it and need help on that also so keep a eye out...

projectcoshanova
20-02-06, 10:41 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/projectcoshanova/novapics003.jpg this is a hole thats lettin in water someone plz tell me how this occurs.. its not the heater matrix cos thats lower than the actual area thats rotted i do have a idea it might be my heater fan where its lettin in water and will find out when i take it out cos it was fiilled with water from not having a heater fan cover so that may be the problem anyway help is gladly welcome for ideas......

Stuart
20-02-06, 11:00 PM
thats a rotten battery tray. simpleish repair.

projectcoshanova
20-02-06, 11:04 PM
nope not the battery tray thats fine its underneath it thats the problem

projectcoshanova
20-02-06, 11:06 PM
nope not the battery tray thats fine its underneath it thats the problemI RECKON ITS WHERE WATERS GOT IN FROM THE HEATER FAN WITH NOT HAVING A CASE ON TOP OF IT AND ITS GONE INSIDE THE BODY AND ROLLED DOWN TO THE CORNER UNDERNEATH THE BATTERY TRAY...GONNA FIND OUT TOMMOROW GONNA REMOVE IT AND INSPECT IT...

jamie gsi16v
20-02-06, 11:09 PM
take the battery out, ul see, stuart is correct.

projectcoshanova
20-02-06, 11:25 PM
erm i have done and ive whacked it with a hammer thats fine its inside the shell where the problem is cos its come out underneath behind the fusebox

mikey14sr
21-02-06, 11:57 AM
That last pic is almost the view i described in another thread, that is definately the battery tray thats gone. You say you've had the battery out and it seems solid? it might have been repaired once allready, get all the paint and crud off and you might just find some smaller holes, they only need to be pin-sized to let what seems to be a flood in.

Give it some rev
21-02-06, 03:20 PM
lets hope it has'nt spread under the bracket like mine has. if so you'll have to drill the bracket so you can plate underneath it.

Will F
21-02-06, 03:28 PM
It may not be the battery tray at all...

Mine is leaking from around that area and its where the bulk head meets the chassis.. it may be split.....

projectcoshanova
21-02-06, 06:06 PM
:mad: just behind my front left suspension its rusty and also my battery holder is now jammed cos of a rounded nut looks like im having to get some welding done or maybe patch it up...thanx for everyones help keep up the good work <coming soon a noisy nova >:thumb: