PDA

View Full Version : Help on fitting split fold rear seats

Anonymous
13-07-01, 01:07 AM
can ne one help i need to know if you can buy the clamps that the split fold seats fit it to as i have a 1.2 shell (well it was) and last mod is leather split fold rears.

Also do have to weld them in(the brackets)on can i bold them in?

Any help plz anyone???

Anonymous
13-07-01, 09:30 AM
You have to weld them looking at the brackets on my not so poverty speced 1.2l ;)

Phill Price
http://www.maxxed.co.uk
The Cruisers Hideout

Anonymous
13-07-01, 12:22 PM
You're lucky you have a newer Nova mate.

I wanted to fit an SR interior to my A reg Nova, but couldn't 'cos the pins that the seat-back locks onto, are different on the older Novas :( In the end, I could only fit the front seats.

As long as the locking pins are round like on the newer Novas, you should be ok

Anonymous
13-07-01, 12:47 PM
i had the same problem in my 1 litre m8. Just go the scrappy and find a nova with a split rear seat and the bracket will be there. its welded on but has a seat belt bolt through it as well. Undo the bolt and then just get a hammer and chisel and smash the thing out and just bolt it into yours. Only problem is you`ll only have two clips for the actual bottom seat when u need 4 but just stick it in anyway it was fine in mine

Anonymous
23-07-01, 01:34 AM
You guys sure that it's tyhat simple how do you get the seat bottom part of the clam that 's welded in the car at the scrapy out?B-)

Anonymous
23-07-01, 06:41 PM
When my mate got me my lower bracket (for the base sections of the seat), he ground it out! It was his old smashed up Nova, sat on his drive so he could do that....not as easy to do at the scrappy, unless they has the equipment.

You could try using a Spot-weld chisel though.....specially made for the job, being thin and flat, so they can fit between the two parts.
As for fitting, it can be tricky, as the petrol tank is on the other side of the floor, so welding is a tad dangerous, unless you remove the tank! Bolting through it also tricky,'cos of the tank being in the way, but like I said above, I never bothered with the back seat in the end,'cos the locking brackets for the back rest were different :(

MKII Nova Brochure scans to be added to www.novabug.co.uk soon!

Anonymous
25-07-01, 06:05 PM
i am gona remove the fastners from the inside edge of the seats so they fit straight n then fasten summat across the back of the seats to lock em together.
if i wanna split fold em down i'll just undo the fastening on the thing.
jobbza gudden.
not quite mastered the plan yet though.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
05-09-01, 11:48 PM
Thanks u lot will try and cut out the clips i need:D