PDA

View Full Version : Dropping the nova off at its new home! Say bye..

karl Rowntree
19-02-06, 06:51 PM
Evening all

Not been getting on the site as much as i would like lately, what with being under the thunb and alllol

Dont know if anyone is intrested but ive booked my first Nurburgring trip (and to drop the car off) I will be travelling out in the night (friday 31st March/saturday 1st April) with Norfolk line ?29 one way, arriving at the ring foe breakfast. Quick wash and egg then its on track until 7.30. Full day (8am - 7.30) sunday, followed by a fillet at sebines and sherbert at Brahaus:tard: Dropping the car off monday morning at its new heated storage at the ring:thumb: then returning home to stansted via frankfurt Hahn (?20 for 2 people!) then a train up to Birmingham (?36 for 2 people!)

All in for 2 people return is ?85! plus my petrol which should only be about ?100 for the weekend and a very cheap hotel adds up to a very cheap weekend..

Question is, anyone up for tagging along?? I can sort out all the travel details for you and get you a hotel etc. Its going to be silly busy in may, as its a german bank holiday aswell as a brit one. Plus the amount of car clubs going is growing every day.

TBH i will go in may aswelllol but just wondered if anyone fancied an early trip out that isnt going to cost silly money.

Karl

krobinson
19-02-06, 07:42 PM
I'd definatly go mate, i'd get a cheap easyjet flight to yours and head off. But even with the trip being cheap, i'm broke sorting the car for the summer.

Might see you out there this year tho!

Have a safe trip,

Keith

Snowface
19-02-06, 07:42 PM
why are you storing your Nova in Germany?

krobinson
19-02-06, 07:43 PM
why are you storing your Nova in Germany?

He's moving out to live for a year!

Keith

karl Rowntree
19-02-06, 09:20 PM
No worries Keith, you know any time you want to come across you can get a flight and i will pick you up. Think i am going to be quite popular for that lol.

I recommend hiring one of avis's fun cars from frankfurt and blasting that round the ring! Cheaper than driving from yours mate.

Not sure on my move date yet as it all comes down to money, but shouldnt be too long;)

As to why i am storing my nova in Germany, icant think of anywhere better to store it than the Nurburgring! Even if i wasnt going to live there i would still take it there.. Cant be dealing with driving there from england everytime i want to go and have a blast, getting lazy in my old age and would rather get the plane.

Karl

NickWalliams
19-02-06, 09:22 PM
As long as I get a lap in the nova ill come :D

When you went out in november what hire car did you get and where did you fly to etc? Me and two mates want to fly out and hire a car for the may trip

Nick

dhdev (Oli)
19-02-06, 09:35 PM
U'll more than likely catch my mate colin out there, he's gonna be spending about as many weekends there as he is in england this summer :mad:
The jammy sods got himself a nurburgring race licence and some rich friends with a 16v golf endurance car, which he's spent the best part of the winter re-building. He should be doing a two day track day there soon and about 4 4hr races and the famous 24hrs in the summer:cool: :cool: :cool: I'll tag along as often as poss cos i'm completely hooked :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

karl Rowntree
19-02-06, 09:57 PM
More the merrier Nick, i am buying a year pass for the ring so wont stop lapping until the car blows uplol

I used avis for the car, flew from stansted to Frankfurt Hahn with Ryanair. Its easily the cheapest way to get yourself out to the ring, but be warned if you crash the hire car you could end up in a world of trouble..

Ay up Oli, hope all is well mate?

I met up with Colin when i was out in November, he was with the rich boys then. Said he had been there for 4 weeks! are they funding his trips for him? Was funny though as we met them karting, they were all really competetive with there times. Me and Beestie went on and beat there lap time by over a secondlol I am sure they would whoop our **** round the nurburgring though..

Get yourself over in april mate.

Karl

dhdev (Oli)
19-02-06, 10:13 PM
they r funding some of the trips i believe.
Colins also got himself a year card in the post :D mucho lap time will be had this year. I'll be taking the nova out a couple of times this year hopefully, but i think april's a no-no unless colins heading out cos i'm majorly broke at the mo! :(

Snowface
20-02-06, 12:20 AM
how much is petrol over there L0L. They use the same grade as us? Spose you can always go for a spin on the Autobahn's also.

dhdev (Oli)
20-02-06, 08:27 AM
petrols only marginally cheaper.
Iirc shell v-power is 100 octane in germany!

MARTIN KELSON
20-02-06, 08:54 AM
Hi karl,
Would love to come across and sample the delights of the ring.
Dunno if my car would be that good with top speed of about 120 plus about 15 to the gallon dunno if i could make a lap without running out!!!

Good luck with your new venture mate.

No doubt see you in the summer some time.

martweaver
20-02-06, 08:09 PM
All sounds good mate, would love to fly over & meet up at some point! Where abouts will the car be kept, close to the ring? sounds like you have done really well to find somewhere - especially heated!!

Would come in march but my car is FINALLY at the bodyshop - & I know that you appreciate how wallet-lightening that is - lol!

Mart

karl Rowntree
20-02-06, 08:54 PM
Martin, doesnt matter what car you have TBH. You could have fun round there in anything. There is probably only a couple of sections where top speed matters so dont worry about that. As for petrol and how much you use, thats half the fun. When i took the evo it was using 1 full tank to every 4 laps!:cry: Bloody good fun though..

Mart, the storage is called TTE Racing its where Ben Lovejoy stores his car. Its a bonus that they will check the car over for me before i get there aswell! You best get aidy to pull his finger out then and get the shell back, you have to drive it over in July!!

Karl

MARTIN KELSON
21-02-06, 08:16 AM
Hi mart,

Here you been having a little trouble with rear arches. Whole new rear quarters now i hear, BIG job!

My mates 106 Rallye is waiting to get the Aide touch after he clears your car.
HURRY UP!!

Sounds like a nice job your having done there mate, be worth the hastle in the end.

Cheers

Martin

Chris
21-02-06, 12:04 PM
I would love to come over Karl, but that has no chance of happening lol.

Chris

P.S You have mail Karl to your hotmail

NovaNeil
23-02-06, 12:47 PM
Hi Karl,

Long time no see. Hope you are well?

Unfortunetely I can't make the first week in April...... But.....

Myself and 9 other cars are heading over to the Ring on Friday 28th April until Tuesday 2nd May.

The same lot that came with me early last year bar Oli and Ben (Oli/Ben fancy coming along?).

If theres anyone on Novaload who would like to join us on these dates, please let me know. The more the merryier :)

Anyway, look forward to catching up with you all at the shows this year.

Neil

karl Rowntree
23-02-06, 10:30 PM
Hi Chris

Will give you a buzz mate asap, sorry i havnt been ignoring you just my usual crazy busy! plus james is getting married saturday so ive been really busy sorting that as i am the best man:(

Ay up Neil i am well thanks mate.

Wouldnt mind that trip over with you though i probably couldnt stay until tuesday due to work but could get the plane back which isnt a problem (garage offers a taxi service to the airport aswell!!

leave it with me mate and i will see what i can do. Would there be room in one of your cars? Doesnt matter if not as again i can catch the plane from east midlands:thumb:

Speak to you both soon..

Karl

Chris
23-02-06, 10:43 PM
ok mate, no bother, you have PM

Chris

NovaNeil
24-02-06, 12:44 PM
2 lots of PM now :thumb: