PDA

View Full Version : Guides and CWP's

garyc
16-02-06, 10:02 PM
The guides arent working up the top. Anyhow No doubt Stuart can answer this as he wrote it, if I have a pinion which is stick on the cluster can I heat it up with a blow torch whilst under tension from a puller to remove it as it seems to be stuck solid!!!!

Stuart
17-02-06, 07:56 AM
the links died in the move but im slowly finding them again lol good ole search function, but i named the topics with numbers so tis not easy lol.

as for the Pinon.... hmm id put a load of tension on it and then leave it for an hour or so, maybe tap the gear with a rubber mallet etc and progressively put more load on there. She will go (unless its an F15 then its actually part of the shaft lol)

you could try a bit of heat but personally i wouldnt want to. (ps is it you with the FD's on ebay?)

garyc
18-02-06, 09:14 PM
Yeah I did sell a couple of FD's on Ebay, I was going to put the 4.1 on there too but I cant get the pinion off :-(

Stuart
20-02-06, 09:03 AM
hmmm odd. i reckon soak in WD (although thats not much use) then load her up lots and leave for a day. then add a bit more load, failing that bung it all in the oven (im sure wifey will approve)

garyc
20-02-06, 06:40 PM
it died :-( Back to the scrappers then!