PDA

View Full Version : Speedo readings on 17"s

Anonymous
29-09-00, 06:50 PM
With 17`s on my GTE the speedo shows a top speed of just under 120mph, since the wheels are bigger 205/40/17 the real speed should be faster, but by how much? It`s only got a 57i on it at the moment, can anyone recommend a cam & zorst combination for it? needs more power at top end but don`t want to lose the low down torque. Any help much apreciated, oh and it`s an `88 GTE. STILL havent found a wide arch kit, is there any arches off another car that I can butcher on, I`m gettin` desperate!

Anonymous
29-09-00, 10:15 PM
keith if your looking for a phat wide arch kit, get in touch wit "FAST CAR" mag and ask them about the nova featured in there new book, which contained just about every mod for every deasent car in the world.

Anonymous
30-09-00, 07:15 PM
Cheers m8 I`ll give `em a ring.

Anonymous
30-09-00, 07:17 PM
kieth mate why didny u buy them repair pannels and weld em over the top?

this would have made the wheels fit mint. as i said sooo long ago

my womans car is all painted up and i got them 185/55/15 renault wheels ET36!!! under without to much grief

Anonymous
01-10-00, 02:52 PM
Hello Micky how ya doin`? the reason for the extra wide rches is because I`m spacering the rear wheels out, when dropped and with people in the rears rub on the inner arches unless extra bumpstops are wedged in which fucks the ride quality no end. If I space it out more I can get more wheel movement, less bumpstops needed hence nicer ride quality. Its gettin resprayed anyway when funds allow, and spacered 17`s under phat arches will look the bollox! Also are gsi front doors the same as gte ones? I cant think of any reason why not.

Anonymous
01-10-00, 02:56 PM
good thinking mate but watch u dont space em to much or the handling will fuck right up. the doors are the same apart from the stickers!

Anonymous
01-10-00, 03:06 PM
Hows yer car doin?, what happend to it anyway, did you rip the crossmember of it? I`ll have to do some welding to mine, 256mm disks with Cav calipers and 17`s is not a good combination!

Anonymous
01-10-00, 05:31 PM
yes mate the crossmeber fucking snapped but tis all sorted now and im gonna repaint it after winter. ive just stuck a flushed tailgate on it and a few other little bits and bobs so im gonna have to send sum more photos in when i can be arsed