PDA

View Full Version : can u put a windscreen back in a nova without removing the dashboard???

projectcoshanova
16-02-06, 10:15 AM
:mad: hi guys ive gone and taken my windscreen out thinkin that a hole lettin in water was comin from the window seal rubber and it wasnt:roll: so now ive got to put it back in but does that mean im gonna have to take the dashboard out again just to place it back in ???or would it be too hard to get behind the dashboard to get the rubber seal lip inside of the car????????anyone tried this let me know thanx dal

Dar
16-02-06, 10:35 AM
I've just put a screen back in my car and you can deffo do it with the dash in. Apparently the proper way to put a windscreen in to a nova is to place the window rubber on the car and then feed the window in to it from the outside.

Mark T
16-02-06, 10:49 AM
Correct Mr.Dar, Sh1te job though

loggyboy
16-02-06, 11:23 AM
take it to a windscreen place and ask them to fit it - ?20 for a cash job sounds fair. considering its easy to **** up and will cost you over ?80 for a new one.

Jon_nova1
16-02-06, 11:25 AM
its not easy to fcuk up lol you have to do something very wrong for it not to go in

Austin_Nova16
16-02-06, 11:26 AM
Use a bit of sting around the seal, and put the bottom bit (nearest to the dash) in first.

projectcoshanova
16-02-06, 01:26 PM
:thumb: yep i know that trick with the string i fitted a fiesta windscreen in b4 with the string and got it in fine. i will try it when i get a new seal....ill start with the bottom. :D thanx for all your suggestions.

dhdev (Oli)
16-02-06, 07:41 PM
when i removed mine from my nova the other day there was a load of sealant round it, between the seal and body. Do they need sealing bk in or should it b ok without:confused:

projectcoshanova
16-02-06, 08:22 PM
:) yeh that black sticky stuff can be taken off the old seal i used a stanley knife to cut enough off to go back round just stretch it out enough to go all the way round thats what ive done anyway:thumb: if not then go buy a tub or tube off the stuff from any car shops...

Steve Barker
17-02-06, 01:44 PM
feed string in arround the rubber seal and pull !! avoid using a screw driver to push the rubber in at all costs !!

loggyboy
18-02-06, 01:13 PM
its not easy to fcuk up lol you have to do something very wrong for it not to go in

not about how hard it is to get in, its how hard it is to get it in without breaking it.

one bend to far and CRACK