PDA

View Full Version : Police stopping for exhausts?!

FlatBeatBoy
16-02-06, 08:02 AM
Well last night i was out with good friends of mine and the police put on the lights and pulled us in so they just said they were checking the lights and wanted to see documents which was showed and cleared immediately.

But he then looked at the exhaust and said ''This doesnt look like a standard exhaust'' and darren ( driver ) said ''no it isnt why?'' police officer said ''give the car a little rev'' and since it isnt a straight thru exhaust it isnt that bad and he never did answer our question :/ he just said ''thats fine drive safe''

But it turns out a few other boys who have full stainless steel exhaust systems just up the road from me have been issued a warning to take them off or a 30 pound fine will be issued...

When did this happen? :wtf:

projectcoshanova
16-02-06, 09:48 AM
the only reason i can think of is that the bore exaust obviously causes concern with the neighbours etc and noise pollution in these day n ages they worry bout little things like that even bassboxes can cause a nuisance......

FlatBeatBoy
16-02-06, 11:34 AM
the only reason i can think of is that the bore exaust obviously causes concern with the neighbours etc and noise pollution in these day n ages they worry bout little things like that even bassboxes can cause a nuisance......

This is northern scotland its like.... Middle of no where and the only hassle i can see is when they are A) Leaving the house B) Going home late at night...

They had a traffic cruiser parked up in the estate where ( Boy with a 1.4 16v corsa sport lives and a boy with a punto 1.2 sporting )... They both have full stainless steel systems and thats who got warned it was like 2am and they were just heading home...

I dont see why they are stopping people though hope it doesnt become a new thing for them to book you for

Tazzy
16-02-06, 12:47 PM
you are just being victimised, dont worry about it!

Jack
16-02-06, 04:55 PM
Is that the one you put on r0b? :D

There was a thread on here somewhere about how the police are cracking down on exhausts... could be amusing when I get the decat and blitz on mine, considering its supposed to be 105db when coupled with the cat lol

There's a whole load of EU regs on how to test the noise level from an exhaust, suffice to say a roadside test isn't going to give the correct results... however they could probably give you an asbo or something.