PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got Total Vauxhall yet??????

Mark Beeson
16-02-06, 12:23 AM
If you subscribe you should have had it today. I got 2 copies today;)

Any comments??

Adam
16-02-06, 12:29 AM
Why whats in it?

Hmm, i think i might know, by the 2copies comment.

joff-turbo-nova
16-02-06, 07:20 AM
My copy arrived yesterday!

Nice write up and pics - hope you are happy with the feature - did you manage to get any of the original pictures - as you will know they will have only used a fraction of the pics that they actually took.

Any stories or comments of the day about the shoot???

Cheers

Joff

amggsi
16-02-06, 02:42 PM
Got my copy yesterday, theres a rough looking Subaru Blue Nova Turbo in it!!!!lol

Only joking, car looks well, nice feature!:thumb:

krobinson
16-02-06, 06:34 PM
Buying it tomorrow Beastie, Knew it was coming as they have your REG in the last issue :)

Looking forward to reading/seeing it!

Keith

Mark Beeson
16-02-06, 07:24 PM
The feature photo shoot was stright forward. Although the writer pulled a sicky!!! He came 2-3 weeks later. We stud in my garage for 3 hours. I talked he scribbled. Then I took him out for a late night blast. Think I scared him a bit and more. Well you have to show these writers. Read the article you'll see what I mean. He **** it when I hit limiter in 5th. He thought id blown it up. ;-)

very pleased on the whole. They missed some bits and some bits were wrong but still happy :-)

tom_beverley
16-02-06, 07:41 PM
I'll have to get it tonight then and have a look! :)

dan16v
16-02-06, 10:36 PM
as said on mig mate! nice one! bout time a decent car was in there!lol

Mark Beeson
16-02-06, 11:31 PM
phanks

Jules
17-02-06, 06:23 AM
Will be popping out to the newsagents today to get it - 'bout time your Nova was featured in their!

JSeymour
17-02-06, 12:52 PM
shame there wasn't a rear end picture but still a good feature and top car.

Martin
17-02-06, 02:34 PM
stunning mate thats all i can say.... just got my copy... wanna sell ya wheels lol

BRoadGhost
17-02-06, 03:00 PM
Anyone would think it was a groundbreaking car.

Is a nine minute lap time at the ring meant to be quick?

Martin
17-02-06, 03:02 PM
i've just read about it i like the bit at the end "there are always rumours going around that its been sold or doesnt exist, but when theysee it there jaws drop. its like they've just spotted a unicorn. Very poetic i'm sure but if it is a unicorn someones shoved a rocket up its..." haha that made me laff lmao

Riggy
17-02-06, 04:33 PM
read it before aswell fella looks like a good article on it

must be pleased for yourself :thumb: :thumb:

Adam
17-02-06, 05:21 PM
I got it today, congrats mate.
Lol at the "demonstration of the car around a few dual carriageways"

Nice one :thumb:

Lee
17-02-06, 06:33 PM
Also got my copy today. Top feature, nice one!

dan16v
18-02-06, 10:41 AM

if you wernt such a retard and knew the car you'd know its nothing to do with the fact its done the ring in 9. its down the the overall build quality and looks of the car!lol :roll:

Mark Beeson
18-02-06, 08:42 PM

Im sorry if it upsets you????? Ill try harder next time. The car is built to be a good all rounder in full road trim . It does reasonably well at what ever you throw at it. For a ageing car fwd I think its quite respectable. Plus I dont want to pay for any damaged armco if I come off. But then again spose youve been there and lapped it quicker?:wtf:

BRoadGhost
18-02-06, 10:39 PM
It doesn't upset me, in the same way it doesn't impress me.

I wouldn't be blowing my own trumpet either.

We 'ull have to see what we see at the ring this year.

rednova
19-02-06, 08:15 AM
Id be happy if my nova lapped the ring just over a minute slower than top secrets supra!, if you look at the feature its a full on road car so if mark stripped it it would lap faster anyway !!?!

Mark Beeson
19-02-06, 09:31 AM
Im sure ill do alot better this year. Ive learnt the track now and with the New large brake setup i should be well into the 8:00's. BTG

FlatBeatBoy
19-02-06, 03:50 PM
It doesn't upset me, in the same way it doesn't impress me.

I wouldn't be blowing my own trumpet either.

We 'ull have to see what we see at the ring this year.

But you walk in this thread like your some mad driver who's nova is running a ****ing jet engine and can do it in 30 seconds.

Marks car isnt just about total power its meant to be basically a everyday driver considering it has full trim and a bit of luxury. Sorry but you seem a complete retard for even trying to make a personal comment.

What car do you have son? Oh is it featured in total vauxhall? Has it been to the ring?

Also if mark wanted to do it quicker and wanted a strip car dont you think he would?

Obviously before you post again use that small circle in between your ears called your brain or peanut by the intelligence of your posts. :thumb:

TommySR
19-02-06, 05:03 PM
^^^ lol, well said, cars awesome Mark, very smart.

Tom

craig green
19-02-06, 06:10 PM
Excellent car deserved of a feature. I reckon the mag itself is one of the best issues for sometime.

Nice one Mark.

BRoadGhost
19-02-06, 07:00 PM
Magazines like Total Vauxhall don't interest me.

Can anyone here admit the rest of the magazine was actually a good read?

They appeal to the bolt on generation of tuners who never really progress to an interesting state before selling on.

Less is more, more or less; less the need for more.

As for my car, it doesn't use a jet engine.

craig green
19-02-06, 07:11 PM

Can anyone here admit the rest of the magazine was actually a good read?

They appeal to the bolt on generation of tuners who never really progress to an interesting state before selling on.

Less is more, more or less; less the need for more.

As for my car, it doesn't use a jet engine.

Coming from someone with only 3 posts on this site, you arent exactly going to win any respect on here pal.
Re my previous reply, I actually reckon the mag is OK this month. Personally I hate anything thats bodykitted or made of fibreglass & sprayed a vile colour. That wont grab my attention, more make me look the other way.

This thread was for Mark to feel proud about his car which has been in the making for as long as I care to remember. Its finally been featured in the only Vauxhall magazine going. For some of us the only mag worth picking up!

CG

krobinson
19-02-06, 07:38 PM
Got the mag today Beastie, me and the mrs both recon its a superb feature. I see you wern't wearing your helmet either!

Keith :)

Lee
19-02-06, 09:06 PM

Saxo owner lol

dan16v
19-02-06, 10:18 PM
also got the mag today!
car looks ace! just noticed the rear calipers back to front also!:) nice touches! also prefere the new bonnet! what made you change from the old one?
ever thought about maybe going up to phase 3.5?:)

Nick J
19-02-06, 10:25 PM
Well done mark, excellent motor well worthy of the feature imo:thumb:

Mark Beeson
19-02-06, 11:36 PM
Got the mag today Beastie, me and the mrs both recon its a superb feature. I see you wern't wearing your helmet either!

Keith :)

Cheeky!:thumb:

Mark Beeson
19-02-06, 11:46 PM
also got the mag today!
car looks ace! just noticed the rear calipers back to front also!:) nice touches! also prefere the new bonnet! what made you change from the old one?
ever thought about maybe going up to phase 3.5?:)

The reason for the bonnet change was because at speed the vent would cause negative air flow. Air comes in the front and needs to flow to the back instead it was being forced in both ways.

Also picked the bonnet up cheap and vents air better.

Phase 3.5 - yes and no. Phase 2 is ace. How many people have you heard with problems - None. When you consider 3.5 most have gone bang or not ran right at some piont. 3.5 requires a hybrid turbo really as well. Dougt it would be that much faster really. Im very happy with the current performance why spoil it? Whats Regals number again?lol

The car now has 300mm discs and bells which fit behind my new 15" slicks and fit allessio's. Ive also ordered a new 5 th gear from quaife! instead of 139 limiter now it'll be 156 limiter if it'll get there. The gearbox is coming out next week for 5th and new clutch setup.

Cheers for all the comments.Much phanks

nova---chris
20-02-06, 12:17 AM
I shall attempt to find a copy this week and read it in the shop. Sod buying it. Well done on the feature anyhow matey.

As for phase 2 i think i may go this route if i blow up my engine this year lol. Its on the cards!

Anyhow i notice much gayness on this thread mr beastie. Im getting worried ! lol

RJM25R
20-02-06, 09:22 AM
best nova feature since K Robinsons.

I salute you!

Steve Barker
20-02-06, 10:39 AM
i liked the feature. I was wondering why you used such a strange shaft cv joint and brake setup ? I also hope you will be at PV this year so i can compare my 280bhp against yours ;)

dan16v
20-02-06, 06:33 PM
true about phase 3.5 mate! i was thinking because it also has the boost cut for 2wd! chris's isnt going to bad tho! well into the 12's! on 3.5:)

Mark Beeson
20-02-06, 06:51 PM
best nova feature since K Robinsons.

I salute you!

Sincelol

Mark Beeson
20-02-06, 06:57 PM
i liked the feature. I was wondering why you used such a strange shaft cv joint and brake setup ? I also hope you will be at PV this year so i can compare my 280bhp against yours ;)

The shaft setup isnt anything new. Its the group n setup. I found out by chance. Just ive listed the actual parts. The brakes came of a Saab 93 althouth they are exactly the same a Vectra V6's.

Im always up for a drag race. Its the gearbox what makes mine fast;)

Stuart
20-02-06, 07:27 PM
dealt with ;)

Mark Beeson
20-02-06, 07:36 PM
true about phase 3.5 mate! i was thinking because it also has the boost cut for 2wd! chris's isnt going to bad tho! well into the 12's! on 3.5:)

The boost cut bit is funny. It just doesnt over boost as much. So they say its better for 2wd but when phase 2 runs 14psi and 3.5 holds 19 psi how is this better for 2wd. Even more power though front wheels!

Ill have a word with chris if I see him see what he says:thumb:

NovaB3ast
20-02-06, 08:40 PM
This Nova Stinks........Cause its the S**T!!!!!!!!!!
This nova is exactly what I want!! Stunning original looks with the nice touches like polished Speedlines matching the chrome coachline.
Well done to you mate, This is in the same league as 'K's Nova which shows you dont need massive wheels and kit.
Well done mate, an inspiration.

Mark Beeson
20-02-06, 08:53 PM
This Nova Stinks........Cause its the S**T!!!!!!!!!!
This nova is exactly what I want!! Stunning original looks with the nice touches like polished Speedlines matching the chrome coachline.
Well done to you mate, This is in the same league as 'K's Nova which shows you dont need massive wheels and kit.
Well done mate, an inspiration.

PMSLlol lol lol erh gee thanks.

This car isnt a fresh build its been around for years. Only now have mags and me pulled our fingers out!

Lee
20-02-06, 10:36 PM
Talking of inspiration, this was posted on PVG earlier..

he's always wanted the car since I had it, plus he works in a body shop so ideally PVS 2007 should see my B-reg back! His plans are already a full rebuild then a C20LET (I think the nova in TV this month must of inspired him!)

Touching the modding bug of nova owners nationwide lol

njc11
21-02-06, 03:13 PM
Nice feature mate... :thumb:

Cheers

Nick

nova ian
21-02-06, 03:26 PM
good feature and absolutley stunning example of how to modify a nova! well done pal

phatnova!!!
21-02-06, 03:33 PM
very nice car u should be very proud of it :thumb:

there was one very simillar for sale on ebay last week same color turbo i soooooooo wanted to buy it ?4800 it went for :eek: think will just keep modding my 2.0l

reehmer
21-02-06, 05:57 PM
What did you do to your side skirts they look a bit different
p.s u have one amazin car

Mark Beeson
21-02-06, 07:57 PM
What did you do to your side skirts they look a bit different
p.s u have one amazin car

Nova GSi paintedlol

Mark Beeson
21-02-06, 07:58 PM
very nice car u should be very proud of it :thumb:

there was one very simillar for sale on ebay last week same color turbo i soooooooo wanted to buy it ?4800 it went for :eek: think will just keep modding my 2.0l

Thats good money id sell mine for thatlol

ade
22-02-06, 12:22 AM
YEAH BABY!

got my copy the other day and skipped the rest of it to go straight to your feature.

LOL - like the way the double page spread at the start says - NOVALOAD!

Nice bit of free advertising there!

:p

Mark Beeson
22-02-06, 04:46 PM
YEAH BABY!

got my copy the other day and skipped the rest of it to go straight to your feature.

LOL - like the way the double page spread at the start says - NOVALOAD!

Nice bit of free advertising there!

:p

I told them to put novaload.net but they didnt!:roll:

NovaNeil
23-02-06, 12:30 PM
Well done Mark, Just had a look at the Mag.

I actually prefered the old Bonnet to look at, but your point about the Airflow makes sense.

Its such a smart Nova. Fair play to you, always been one of if not my fave Nova ever built.

See you in Germany :D

Neil

Ric 16v
23-02-06, 11:08 PM
I noticed the pre shoot catastrophe article was the same as the nova turbo in last months mag !!

Mark Beeson
24-02-06, 12:08 AM
Yes well spotted I know nothing about it!!!

jbowman
24-02-06, 12:09 AM
Got my copy yesterday and read the feature on my 4 hour train trip. Oh mama!! gomes to mind.

karl Rowntree
24-02-06, 12:36 AM
Your my hero and the only reason i get up every daylol

Seriously, bout bloody time mate! Well done, just need to go and buy my own copy now....

Karl

Mark Beeson
24-02-06, 04:20 PM
Your still a gay

Muttly
24-02-06, 04:30 PM
Just got the mag today. It looks very well Mark, well done.