PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! water comin into car

projectcoshanova
14-02-06, 11:31 PM
:D hi guys does anyone know of a fault with the nova 1.2 merit as mine is now leakin water into the car from underneath where my feet are it seems like its going through the seals around the window but not sure as ive checked everywhere else but no hole can be seen.ive heard that nova,s all rust in the same way as others do.... maybe thats right but id still like to know how the waters comin in:mad: all queries and help is very welcome thanx............

Jon_nova1
14-02-06, 11:35 PM
have a look under the battery ;)

Ash
14-02-06, 11:53 PM
i had water coming in under the lower door sill, but it did seem like it was coming from under the dash, hope this helps

jamie gsi16v
15-02-06, 12:03 AM
sounds like your battery tray has gone mate or round your bulkhead? is the car using water? maybe you heater matrix?

projectcoshanova
15-02-06, 08:00 AM
sounds like your battery tray has gone mate or round your bulkhead? is the car using water? maybe you heater matrix? yeh fixed my battery tray and the leak is comin from under the dash i did punch 2 holes through my tray for a battery holder but was too big but then covered holes and it still happens. even b4 i punched the holes so must be somewhere else

projectcoshanova
15-02-06, 10:05 AM
[quote=projectcoshanova]yeh fixed my battery tray and the leak is comin from under the dash but isnt using water up nor is it my battery tray its when it rains its come in so must be my windscreen seal thats probably gone....:thumb:

womble sri
15-02-06, 12:42 PM
it will prob be the heater rad at the bottom of the dash in the middle i had the same problem bit of a fiddle not too much of a job just sort it before it gets mouldy

projectcoshanova
15-02-06, 02:54 PM
:roll: ive only gone and taken the windscreen out thinkin it might be the seal but it aint:( now i need a new seal.:mad: ive just taken new pics of the damage where the water is comin through if u want to have a look send me a email to lollyslover26@ntlworld.com and ill send u some pics..thanx for everyones help im not gonna even bother with takin the dash out again so if it is the radiator in the middle under the dash it can go f** itself lol if it aint the battery tray which it isnt it might be the windscreen if it aint the windscreen it might be the radiator:eek: oh my goddddddddddd this nova is driving me insane guys lol:cry:

jamie gsi16v
15-02-06, 03:13 PM
sounds like ur heater matrix or rusty bulkhead sumwhere?

projectcoshanova
15-02-06, 04:25 PM
email my adress plz jamie i wanna send u a pic of the problem so u can tell me definatly what it is or maybe what has caused it cos this is gettin right on my teets lol lollyslover26@ntlworld.com email addy looks f**** on here but click on it and itll give u my proper email addy thanx dal