PDA

View Full Version : Rwd nova allowed on a track

leebo
14-02-06, 08:10 PM
Hey Dar said this today

Another thing to consider about the cars is that they are not road legal and you cannot use them on trackdays

i know that hes not sure but i was wondering if anyone had a more defenet answer?

im not far away from building a rwd nova by puttint he engine in the back. but would it be able to run on a track. could something like that even be MOT'd?

Dar
14-02-06, 09:03 PM
Thats autograss cars by the way not RWD Novas in general - Autograss cars are mega stripped and as far as I know not MOT-able and therefore not allowed on trackdays. I know Castle Combe won't let them on.

http://www.sleafordminicentre.co.uk/autograss/images/c4-2.JPGhttp://www.sleafordminicentre.co.uk/autograss/images/c4-1.JPG

See what I mean :D

loggyboy
15-02-06, 12:07 AM
any car can be made road legal, aslong as it complys with the MOT etc

if it gets classed as a kit it would need to pass a SVA, but a RWD conversion probly wont come under a Kit classifcation

dig around on the dvla (& vosa?) sites for more info on kit car classification etc

leebo
15-02-06, 12:39 AM
cheers lads

and Dar that one well striped out mini lol

this make much sence to yous lads?

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/public/consult/veh_inspec/vi_radically.htm

Stuart
15-02-06, 07:55 AM
ive been dodging the MOT rules with my normal rebuild lol. but aslong as you get an MOt, and have a V5 + insurance then its road legal....

track days dont nessecaraly need to have a MOT'd and taxed car etc as a few of the peopel here just trailer their cars there, its jsut they dont look totally illegal lmao

Dar
15-02-06, 10:12 AM
This post is pointless because it takes my quote about atograss cars which are not MOT-able fullstop and then says that they can be MOT'ed if you put all the gubbins back in......but then it wouldn't be an autograss car lol

Stuart
15-02-06, 10:53 AM
He took a quote and misused it.... so its not that pointless, just misguided.
EG a car "should" have an mot etc for trackdays, but its not vital. The car simply has to conform to their rules, eg all windows in tact (be they glass or plastic) and so on.
I think places like coombe might check for an MOT, but then again they are simply providing an etension of the M4 to play on lol

Dar
15-02-06, 11:02 AM
He took a quote and misused it.... so its not that pointless, just misguided. Agreed :thumb:

Apparently Combe have got even tighter than that this year for the action days. Your car has to display a valid TAX disc. God only knows why. Im hoping that they will just take a valid MOT.

However for trackdays im sure that won't be the case. Im sure for most trackdays/action days (Just not at Combe) your car has to be up to MOT standard, so as long as it looks road worthy then your laughing.

I think Caslte Combe are just getting to anal about their action days now.

leebo
15-02-06, 06:57 PM
Sorry for the misguided misused quote :wtf: bit of a word twist

anyway, cheers for the comments, im sure it will be grand. just lookin forward to getting her built, cheers lee