PDA

View Full Version : FAO RICH DALE

Anonymous
21-08-01, 10:55 AM
alright fella I was just on novabug looking around and I noticed that you use puma lowering springs. Do you have the shocks aswell or just springs? are puma any good? Ive been looking at them cos they are cheap. thanks m80

Anonymous
21-08-01, 11:06 AM
sorry i dont know why i put this in styling forum.

Anonymous
21-08-01, 12:01 PM
My mate....yep, I've just got the springs with standard shocks, which in my case are standard Antibes shocks....not even gas!!

I think they're mint to be honest, maybe not a good a full kit, but a million times better than standard ones. The ride is very good, even on the shocking Sheffield roads, though it can get bouncy at times....but that's 'cos our roads are soooo shite :(

Mine were only ?47 from Larkspeed, which is a lot cheaper than replacement standard springs, and definitely worth the money.
I can take the motorway roundabout near me at over 70, so they must be doing something right :D

They're really good quality too....nice red powder-coating, which is still as good as new after a year on the car.

Anonymous
21-08-01, 12:19 PM
wicked fella , i might go and but some today! cheers m80 there is a dairylea slice in the post on its way to you.

Anonymous
21-08-01, 03:37 PM
yum....can't wait ;)

Anonymous
21-08-01, 09:02 PM
?47 for a set ov 4?
thats not bad at all

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
21-08-01, 11:18 PM
Yep...a measly ?47 is all they were for four!

They're meant to be about 35 to 40mm lowering, but I'm sure mine is lower than that!

Anonymous
22-08-01, 11:55 AM
in the latest larkspeed, it theres only one set of puma lowering springs, and it says compatible with sr gsi and gte. as we know these ra elower anyways, and by the sides of it it says it lowers upto 60mm,

so, first question, i assume it lowers the base models 60mm? (like mine :D)

secondly, i was told to avoid -60mm drop on standard shocks as the shocks wudnt be able to cope and bottom out.

so rich, how are your standard shocks? may purcahse a set of these srpings and wundered how u got on???

Anonymous
22-08-01, 12:06 PM
he's not got a drop of 60mm though. Ireckon they have different springs for different models but the biggest drop you can get is 60mm. They are a bit vague arent they.

Anonymous
22-08-01, 06:59 PM
so are these springs ok on standard shocks or whats the story peeps, as mentioned, the mags are pretty lacking information ;) cheers

Anonymous
22-08-01, 07:50 PM
riche do you know want shocks are on a 1.4 sr 1991 (facelift)
cheers

Anonymous
22-08-01, 08:57 PM
sr shocks are slightly lower than base models, 20mm? correct me if im rong ;) cheers

Anonymous
22-08-01, 09:40 PM
I keep hearing all this about SR's and GTE's etc being lower than normal models, but I still don't entirely believe it!
When I went to look at that white GSi for sale a couple of weeks ago, it was parked next to a 1.2L and it looked just as high off the ground....I don't know...ste says they are lower and I trust what he says, but...I don't know... :-/

The shocks should be the same anyway...it'd be the springs that are shorter if anything. They are stiffer on the SR/GTE/GSi than on standard Novas, and the shocks are gas ones instead of normal oil (like mine :( )

My standard oil-shocks are fine with the Puma springs and it NEVER bottoms out, and trust me, if it was ever going to, it would on our shite roads!

Out of interest.....can someone who's Nova is lowered 60mm measure the distance from the lower edge of the sill to the floor,'cos I'm interested in seeing how it compares to mine....maybe then I can figure out what drop I've actually got!
As said above, the lowering of the Puma springs is a big vague in their catalogue, and it was just as vague when I got my springs!
The lad behind the counter said it was about 35 to 40mm but didn't seem entirely sure!

Also...anyone who's got a standard SR, GTE or GSi with standard suspension, can you also measure the height from the sill to the road, and can someone with a standard Base, Merit, L, Luxe etc etc do the same.....it'll be interesting to know what exactly the difference is!

Anonymous
23-08-01, 11:04 PM
so can we conlcude that these springs lower the car and are best value for money/looks at that price??

Anonymous
24-08-01, 05:08 PM
Yep :)

Anonymous
25-08-01, 01:00 AM
They're 55 squid on tha larkspeed site... still cheap, might bang some on me 1.2, sod getting a full kit, cuz i'll be needing anti roll bars from a GSi an'all... should corner alrite then

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D

Anonymous
25-08-01, 12:53 PM
They've obviously gone up since last year then...still cheep at ?55 though ;)

Anonymous
28-08-01, 10:29 AM
I got an SR and a merit at the moment and the SR looks lower to look at it but i measured it and its the same height from the ground... HOWEVER - when you put the wheels from the SR on the merit the merit sits higher... so it must depend on the diameter of the wheel and tyre combination i suppose.
Something like that anyways.
But yeah... the SR seems lower... by about 30mm.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET