PDA

View Full Version : GTE anti-roll bars

tappingt
13-02-06, 10:46 PM
With having a 1.0ltr i certainly know going fast in a straight line is not achievable how ever good conering maybe? I have lowered my nova 60mm on springs and shocks, i have cav gsi rims with brand new yokohomas 195/45/15, so maybe i am a little the way there whats the next step? can i fit GTE anti roll bars and would front and rear strut braces work to?
thanks.

Jack
13-02-06, 11:12 PM
Some people prefer to leave the arbs off as a little bodyroll can be a good thing. Too much stiffness and the car might skip round corners, especially if its been stripped out.

Don't forget bigger/better brakes will make the car feel faster, you'll be able to brake later coming up to corners.

burgo
13-02-06, 11:17 PM
the general rule of thumb is if you have coil overs dont have a front anti-roll bar but anything else then do. i beleave most people beleave you should always have the rear one

Dan
14-02-06, 12:49 AM
The rear one is a rule i have always stuck by, but i removed my front one years ago long before my coilovers. Personally i would never run one again on a nova unless i had bog standard suspension

Stuart
14-02-06, 08:13 AM
Even with bog standard suspension i found it to hinder the handling more...
Strut braces yes, but the back one is only good if it bolts/welds to the arches rather than the shock top mount.