PDA

View Full Version : Best Discs and pads for 2 litre's?

NOVA_JONO
13-02-06, 07:42 PM
I have got some 2 litre calipers to fit to my nova when i do my engine and am just wondering what disc's and pads people recomend for them, i.e for performance and value for money?

Cheers Jono.

Lee
13-02-06, 07:44 PM
IMO brembo discs and Pagid FR pads. Call Courtenay who do a custom groove on the discs for better cooling / crap clearing etc.

Adam
13-02-06, 07:56 PM
Std discs and Mintex pads do me fine :)

Unless your doing trackdays etc, which better discs/pads may be required.

dan16v
13-02-06, 09:54 PM
if it was me id get rid of them and get some 4pots!
i tried a few combos but never realy got any where? tried normal disks and cheapo pads they faded like feck!
also tried ebc disks and green stuff pads and they used to fade aswell!lol
i just gave up in the end! my mate also tried the turbo route and came to the conclusion of them feeling rubbish too!

steadman
15-02-06, 11:23 AM
Standard Calibre or Cav disks will do but uprate pads (anything but green stuff) If your shell was originally a 1.2 (or less) make sure you up-grade servo as 1.2's or under will not be sufficient to get the full potential of the bigger disks and calipers.

bump
15-02-06, 11:39 AM
Standard Calibre or Cav disks will do but uprate pads (anything but green stuff) If your shell was originally a 1.2 (or less) make sure you up-grade servo as 1.2's or under will not be sufficient to get the full potential of the bigger disks and calipers.

IIRC the servo's are the same with the exception of the GTE/GSI ones that were 200mm instead of 180mm fitted to everything else.

Correct me if i am wrong though.

Cheers

Bump

Dar
15-02-06, 11:43 AM
I have some grooved discs (dunno what ones)
Mintex 1144 pads
5.1 break fluid

That setup on 2l calipers has worked fine for me with no break fade. I did run just standard stuff at first and I got break fade after about 2 laps. However if your just going on road the standard stuff should be fine.

Philsutton
15-02-06, 03:51 PM
i had std discs and green stuff pads on mine an i never had any fade, even on the track, but then again i dont solely use the brakes for braking.

NOVA_JONO
15-02-06, 07:07 PM
Ok, thanks for the advice guys:thumb:

Cheers Jono.