PDA

View Full Version : Trackdays

tom_beverley
11-02-06, 10:24 PM
When I get my car engine finished I'm hoping to go on a trackday, probably Croft since its closest.

Its only going to be stripped out 110bhp (ish) 1.4SR with carbs, head and cam, but I've always fancied it and now I'll have a quicker car I won't get shown up as much lol

Has anyone been to Croft on a trackday? Will anyone fancy going when the weather fairs up? (and my car is done :) )

Tom

Stuart
12-02-06, 08:46 AM
the PVG have a track day at llandow in august, and im sure other days will be sortred too ;)

Lee
12-02-06, 11:37 AM
Croft eh? That means your based around the northeast? Bit of a trek down to south wales then!

As Stu says, PVG run exclusive trackdays for our members, and we're fully MSA approved to do so! Llandow would be perfect for your car as it suits light nippy cars, and definately woth the drive! Link to our website is in my sig.

Chris
12-02-06, 08:41 PM
IMO a good circuit for you to do to start with is Elvington, just outside york. It is an airfield but really well laid out, it is really wide and open. It is a bit further to drive but I think you would get more out of the day than going to croft for a first time. If you leave it until the summer I would do a day with you.

Chris

P.S Llandow would be a good 1st track but it is a hell of a drive

Lee
12-02-06, 09:09 PM
Good advice

tom_beverley
13-02-06, 03:09 PM
Yeah I'm from near Middlesbrough and Whitby! Cheers for the link I'll have a look, Wales is a bit far to go I think, but sounds interesting! I didn't know there was a track at Elvington, I thought it was just a drag strip! :thumb:

Might go to Elvington first then to get a bit of track experience, then tackle Croft! Any more recommended tracks?

Chris
14-02-06, 11:53 AM
no, elvington is an airfield which can be laid out into a circuit. It is great for learning on as it is very wide, has a good range of corners and is very open (if you go off there is very little chance you will hit anything). Check out javelintrackdays.co.uk for more info, I use these for booking events and they are spot on. Another good track for first timers is Donington, as this is wide also but you tend to get quicker cars at Donington than Elvington, and it costs nearly twice as much for not as much driving.

Want any more info or advice PM me if you want

Chris