PDA

View Full Version : FAO The Bristol Crowd

bump
11-02-06, 12:33 AM
Morning all,

I'm looking at relocating to Bristol round about June / July time. Just looking for advice from people that live there into where really not to live and where may be a good spot. Distance from the centre is not really a problem.

Estate agents never really want to tell you about bad areas, and at the min i'm a bit busy to pop up on a whim, need to do focused viewings so i get the most of the time i have up there before moving.

Cheers

Bump

Jack
11-02-06, 12:51 PM
Yep, best area is about 30 miles up the M5, i.e. Cheltenham lol

I'm not a fan of Bristol at all, although I've got an ex that lives in Kingswood. That didn't seem too bad a place.

craig green
11-02-06, 02:18 PM
I live 1/2 hour south of Bristol in Somerset.

IMO Bristol is dodgy as F**k! Ive had mates who have been chased in there Nova's simply because of the car they were driving. Other mates that have had Astra GTE's & Novas stolen.

Personally I couldnt but there might be OK areas. Try asking Nova666 on MIG. She is from Bristol.

CG

Jack
11-02-06, 03:44 PM
I live 1/2 hour south of Bristol in Somerset.
Where abouts are you then? I'm from sunny Yeovil lol

Ben
11-02-06, 07:44 PM
LMFAO somone from Bridgewater slagging Bristol off!

I have lived in Bristol for 25 years and never been in a police chase or had a car nicked.

I worked on most of the Major Nightclubs in Bristol for years and to be honest you hardly ever get any trouble in Town and if you do there only minor scuffles you get anywhere else in the country.

In and around St Pauls and Easton there is Drug related problems but they are isolated incidents and if you have nothing to do with that scene you will not suffer.

Try to get around the Suburbs, Kingswood is not very nice but Fishponds, Staple Hill, Downend, Filton, Patchway, Bradley Stoke, Winterbourne, Frampton, Totterdown are all pretty nice places as are loads of others, need any advice just let me know, i know the place like the back of my hand and have friends over the entire city and can point you in the right direction.

Jack
11-02-06, 09:30 PM
I have lived in Bristol for 25 years and never been in a police chase
Don't know why, but that quote I found quite amusing lol

slammed saloon
12-02-06, 12:00 PM
pmsl at razor i live in cheltenham and even that has its crap areas but my boss lives in bristol n i have a few mates at uni/ work there n they all say its a hole!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

bump
12-02-06, 04:21 PM
Cheers Ben, I'll be in touch as things progress.

Thanks for all the feedback. Everywhere has it's bad areas. Even down here in rural Cornwall.

Just looking forwards to getting back to some form of civilisation!

Cheers for all the help

Bump

slammed saloon
12-02-06, 04:34 PM
ok mate no worries pm me if u decide to move up even bristol n well have to get a meet goin up here. gd luck fella:thumb:

-Greg-
12-02-06, 07:11 PM
ive lived in bristol nearly all my life and ive had no trouble infact i recon bristol has got better with all the drugs etc i live in oldland never had any trouble st pauls is a bit dodgy but every city has there bad areas.
greg

Jack
12-02-06, 09:04 PM
ok mate no worries pm me if u decide to move up even bristol n well have to get a meet goin up here. gd luck fella:thumb:
There's one on the 26th Feb, you should drop along to that. I may well be going back up to Cheltenham for a bit after it actually.

slammed saloon
12-02-06, 09:22 PM
wheres that at razor? only problem is me car is bck to standard now with a dirty greta dent in the bck cuz it got hit so had to take suspension etc off for insurance inspection pmsl

Jack
12-02-06, 10:32 PM
Golden Harte Pub, have a look at the link in my sig - Ben posted a map on pg2. Doesn't matter if the car's standard, the more the merrier. And it would be nice to have some people there who do actually own novas lol