PDA

View Full Version : Race For Life 2006

sh0rty
10-02-06, 07:02 PM
A few of you who know me, will know I participated in last years Cancer Research's Race for Life. This is an annual womens only (not sure why) 5km walk/run, all money raised goes towards Cancer Research. The amount of women there on the day with a sign in their back, saying who they are running in celebration/memory for is unbelievable.

I decided to run for it 1 as a member of my family had breast cancer and is thankfully ok 2 I donate monthly to them anyway, its an amazing cause that 1 in 3 will suffer from and 3 All money goes to helping me, my family and your families in the future :thumb:

Everyone knows someone who has suffered from the dreaded C word. If anyone would like to sponsor me to do this event then the link is in my signature. A few if you already have and a few are returning sponsors from last year. So there is a thank you list in my sig for you all :D

If you got to here and did read it all then thanks! The event is not till June 4th so you have plenty of time, and I got plenty of time to get running :thumb:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sambowen

Jules
10-02-06, 07:29 PM
DO IT!!
EVEN IF IT'S ONLY A FEW QUID!

HAVE ONE LESS PINT WHEN YOU GO OUT THIS WEEKEND OR A HAVE A SMALLER KEBAB AT THE END OF THE NIGHT OR CONSIDER GETTING THOSE NEON WASHER JETS NEXT WEEK!

Jules
11-02-06, 01:57 AM
14 views and I see no more names in Sh0rtys sig - get your hands in your pockets you tight bunch of tossers!!
:D

boredbloke
11-02-06, 11:33 AM
yeah i know it bugs me too....

although ppl will pay a fiver to view the private area and the over 18's.

and admin why hasn't your names appared in shortys sig yet...?

-edit- just noticed riggy and another have put up a fiver each ;)

What about the rest of ya!!

sh0rty
11-02-06, 02:13 PM
lol you two keep going! ill have the whole of the world sponsoring me lol.

admin = one is my man ;) so he will sponsor me in due time lol

rest of ya - where are you ! ;)

Stuart
12-02-06, 08:53 AM
Done.. ;)

FlatBeatBoy
13-02-06, 06:47 PM
id donate more than happily shorty but my paypal wont vertify so i cant send anymore money out :cry:

If you have address ill be more than happy to donate :tard:

Stuart
13-02-06, 07:00 PM
Personally id be happier if the dosh was going to Macmillan but CR will do.....
Ive had my moneys worth a million fold from it...

sh0rty
13-02-06, 07:49 PM
from what i remember on the site its done straight via your credit card. paypal aint involved anywhere i'm sure

stu - what does macmillan do? i always choose stuff from C.research because thats the one that needs curing tbh.

Stuart
13-02-06, 07:51 PM
Macmillan provide paliative care for those who have the big C... ok so its not trying to cure it, but atleast its helping those who get it, and their families

sh0rty
13-02-06, 07:56 PM
ahh i see. yeah anything to do with C is pretty good really. lot of charities dont organise events though as Race for Life have done. a few like nspcc do and the larger one but lots have minimum donations of 300+ (eg for aeroplane jumps etc) which i never thought id make. but the way im going this year, i probably could have lol

boredbloke
14-02-06, 12:04 AM
if you get the chance to do a skydive and believe you can make the money then do it!!! I promise u won't regret it!!

I done a jump in a team of 9 of us for CancerBACUP they provide support etc for anyone that has anything to do with cancer, so we saw it as a worthy cause, we had to raise 350 each but only 120 of that went to the charity which was disappointing but between us it worked out to be over a grand which made us feel abit better.

It was easily the best experience I've ever had.....and i'm thinkin about doing it again this year!!

sh0rty
16-02-06, 08:18 PM
bttt !

:D

sh0rty
25-02-06, 11:31 AM
bttt again (lol) cheers to marty for sponsoring, if you still come on here in your mad days!

Chris
25-02-06, 12:59 PM
get donating people

Chris

sh0rty
25-02-06, 03:29 PM
seen you posting the other day, didnt realise you were back from where you went over xmas. raf or army thing? hows things?

cheers :)

Chris
25-02-06, 05:02 PM
I am not back yet Sam, get back early May just have limited net time, and really slow connections. Its not bad really although I have injured myself but plodding.

Chris

sh0rty
15-03-06, 08:10 PM
this needs a bttt i think ;) cheers to all that have donated so far :D

boredbloke
17-03-06, 12:12 AM
not nearly enough people though, its mainy due to them being cheapskates imo

Come on guys even if it was just a quid if everyone done that on here Sam'd make a fortune!!

just don't buy the next pack of fags buy chewing gum instead!
3 bonus's!
- better smellin breath
- less ****e going in ya body
- self satisfaction that ou've donated something to charity!

sh0rty
17-03-06, 07:18 PM
well said. enough said. ?1 will do me nicely.

eek have to start running soon, will be almost April, so will have 2 months of training so I can do good on day :)

sh0rty
20-03-06, 05:15 PM
cheers to Marty who has sponsored me last month and this month!! thankies :P

Lozzie C
21-03-06, 01:09 PM
Oooh I'm doing this soon :D
And also something for Macmillan next month.

When's your run then Shorty?

sh0rty
21-03-06, 06:18 PM
should all be in the first post :)

is there a "bassboy" on this site or is it from Rovertech again??? cheers :D

Geth
21-03-06, 08:05 PM
That would be me.

I usually sponsor my sister who has done Race for Life for the past few years but can't this year as she's joined the Navy.

Obviously we don't know each other but anybody who is doing anything to help fight the big the big C (which I have lost 3 out of 4 grand parents to) is worth sponsoring.

good luck with the fund raising!

sh0rty
23-03-06, 07:30 AM
thanks very much :D my total raised so far is ace :P got to go running after i been to see family in LLanelli this weekend!!! (hate running btw)

sh0rty
31-03-06, 06:21 PM
current total at ?294. thanks everyone, been out running on wednesday :)

Stuart
31-03-06, 06:25 PM
RUN... go on RUN :p lol

graham kirkbride
31-03-06, 07:19 PM
HI LADS i lost my mum to cancer at the age of 15 she was 37.I donate to the macmillan fund out my wages every month as i see it as a worthy cause

sh0rty
02-04-06, 11:02 AM
exactly the reason why i chose to do this event, to try and raise money to try and stamp it out once and for all. sorry to hear that mate.

Geth
14-05-06, 01:54 AM
Not long now so I thought i would brind this up again to raise a bit more interest.

How's the fund raising and preparation going?