PDA

View Full Version : S**t nova

Anonymous
03-08-01, 12:59 PM
Right I got this nova yeah 1.4 sr, it's new shape red one which I think has potential. It has 4 bald tyres of ranging sizes, dented door with whole in dented wing (don't ask bout the dents!), carbs are goosed (as in go over a certain rev range or 70mph it's starts jerkin and I have to get out and strip the carb!) the engine sounds like well tapety, think the alternator is broke(as the batery keeps dying) rear light cluster is falling out, it's got two leaks either side,
and is probably rusted to death underneath.

What should I do, bearing in mind i've just got a new job which pays nicely (but i aint got no no claims bonus!). ried getting a quote on a corsa GSI coz I wanted me mates but it was ?2500!! was thinkin maybe a 106 xsi/rallye, any ideas would be appreciated!

Anonymous
03-08-01, 01:30 PM
why did you buy it? Did you pay money for it or was it the booby prize for coming last in a three legged egg and spoon race?

Anonymous
03-08-01, 01:42 PM
It was o.k when I bought it about 6 months ago, then I rallyed it and tried to park it in my mates drive when I was a bit bladdered and fooked the door and wing, it has got a magnex exhaust tho, thought I best get my priororties right and buy an exhaust when the rest of the cars fooked!!

Anonymous
03-08-01, 02:08 PM
is it worth doing up or is it completely shedified?

Anonymous
03-08-01, 02:32 PM
It sounds like its more hassle than its worth. I'd try and find sum mug to buy it off ya or scrap it. If you can afford the insurance get a Nova GSI or a decent Nova 1.4sr or sumin.
I looked at the 106's recently, the XSI is pretty nice but the performance is not all that and the insurance aint cheap on it. The Rallye is very quick, lovely little car, but again the insurance aint gonna be much cheaper than on the GSI corsa.

"why did the XR2 driver cross the road?"

"because he had his knob stuck up the chicken's arse !!"

Anonymous
03-08-01, 05:21 PM
Don't sound like much hassle to me.....mine needed miles more doing to it....just depends how much time and money you're willing to spend (in my case, very little money, but loads of time).

Anonymous
03-08-01, 06:22 PM
tom where are you?? i may have a proposition for you

Ohh Ahhhh
Ger Orf Moy LAAANNNDDD

Traater, Traila, Comboine Bailer

Anonymous
06-08-01, 01:37 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments, I want to see it mod'd but I don't know if I can be arsed, then again if I can't get insured on any-in decent I mite have to do it. Whats your proposition cambridge, I'm from wallasey near Liverpool?:(