PDA

View Full Version : FAO - Neil - Nova Turbo

krobinson
09-02-06, 08:11 PM
Anyone know where Neil's been recently? (had the red GTE turbo, went on the first Nurburgring trip)

Havent seen any updates on his Silver turbo, i remember he got the engine from the issachunt nova?

If your seeing this mate, give us an update!!

Keith

General Baxter
09-02-06, 08:34 PM
i remember that he made it really low if i remember correctly

SRlew
09-02-06, 08:49 PM
yer i also remember, he cut all the inside arch didnt he so he could have it that low with them wheels.

someone who knows him should get him back on here!

NickWalliams
09-02-06, 10:04 PM
think he had/member of a website yfc cars?? no longer works though

benji
09-02-06, 11:33 PM
scottyboys the best chap to ask

dhdev (Oli)
10-02-06, 07:59 AM
He's still 'pimping' (i use the term looselylol ) around in his gas converted 2.0 8v barge that is his calibra. I think barge is a bit out of order, cos its probably not that fast :D .

krobinson
10-02-06, 06:36 PM
He's still 'pimping' (i use the term looselylol ) around in his gas converted 2.0 8v barge that is his calibra. I think barge is a bit out of order, cos its probably not that fast :D .

Yeah but is he any further on with his nova?

Keith

dhdev (Oli)
10-02-06, 07:43 PM
I just txt neil and he says he'll get on here soon.
He's not feeling well tho cos he reckons his barge is gonna be faster round the ring than my novalol lol lol

You can make ur own conclusions, but i reckon that means the turbo engine has found a new home :cry:

krobinson
10-02-06, 07:54 PM
He's not feeling well tho cos he reckons his barge is gonna be faster round the ring than my novalol lol lol

You can make ur own conclusions, but i reckon that means the turbo engine has found a new home :cry:

It was bloody doing good times for a barge last time tho!!

Keith

SRlew
10-02-06, 10:20 PM

he best well still be putting it in the nova.

cause thats giving me inspiration to get building a 2.0 8v turbo engine

NovaNeil
11-02-06, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of involvemnet on this website recently.

As pointed out but Oli I am a proud Barge owner at the moment and most of my time has been focused on that.

The Nova is still alive, admitedly not a lot of work has been done on it lately but I have slowly been collecting parts from various sources.

The only thing thats changed from the last WIP post I did, is that the back will soon be completely cut out and an Independant suspension setup will be added (just as low as the old pics :) ) Courtesy of a local "grass track" racing team.

I will post pics when work comences.

The Barge will be coming to all this years shows and the Nurburgring again this year though. (and no Oli it is not receiving my 2.0 8v Turbo lump..... that will defo hav pride and place in the Nova :D ).

Will try to get on here more often now I ave home PC access once more.

Cheers

Neil

SRlew
11-02-06, 08:01 PM
good to see its still going ahead mate, will be an absolute beast!

ANDYRACER
11-02-06, 08:27 PM
What u doing to the barge? And i never knew that Issac Hunt guy didnt have his engine anymore :confused:

NovaNeil
12-02-06, 09:36 AM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8724/img07112rs.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1889/img07125vo.jpg

This is the B@rge as it is at the moment. Im just in the process of purchasing an LET lump for it (its a 2.0 8v at the moment with 150,000miles :( )

Yep brought the Issac Hunt engine just over a year ago.

Im not in a big rush to finish the Nova, its one of those "slow" "long term" projects.....lol, like Mr Rick Drapers. ;)

Neil

dhdev (Oli)
12-02-06, 12:34 PM
Those pics explain a thing or two!
I understand how ur gonna beat me now, u've created a fantastical flying machine with wings and jet boosters for rear lights !!!!

p.s don't tell anyone i said this but if u changed the rear lights to something a little less batmobile, it would actually look quite nice.

karl Rowntree
12-02-06, 02:56 PM
hi mate

Have to say the barge looks stunning! would maybe stick with standard rear lights aswell but has changed loads since i last had the pleasure of a lap round the ring in it..

Has it been resprayed? Wheels look:thumb:

Look forward to a lap with the let in mate

Hopefully speak/see you soon. Karl

FlatBeatBoy
12-02-06, 04:43 PM
That is one very sexual barge you have there neil... Hope to see some pics of the nova soon ;)

Keep up the good work :thumb:

Al Wilson
12-02-06, 06:57 PM
Hi Neil,

Long time no see! I miss the round the country jaunts lol! Is that the same Calibra you used to come down in? Looks very different to how I last remember it? What happened to the Technos?

Al