PDA

View Full Version : Twin 32/34s

beavy69
08-02-06, 11:12 PM
Has anyone, or does anyone one of someone who has managed to fit twin 32/34 DMTLs?

Problems:

linkage
fuel ditribution and demand
manifold

suggestions/thoughts

I KNOW MANY WILL SAY WHY NOT JUST AV TWIN 40s but they are about double the cost of two 32/34s

would there be any benifits aside from cost?

mad-driver
08-02-06, 11:16 PM
Has anyone, or does anyone one of someone who has managed to fit twin 32/34 DMTLs?

Problems:

linkage
fuel ditribution and demand
manifold

suggestions/thoughts

I KNOW MANY WILL SAY WHY NOT JUST AV TWIN 40s but they are about double the cost of two 32/34s

would there be any benifits aside from cost?

Benefit = NOISE! lol

What sort of problems are you having? I am unsure of what you mean when you list the things above

beavy69
08-02-06, 11:30 PM
well the first problem, manifold:

you would have to fabricate one unless you could use a T40 one?

Thereafter one would assume the best option to be using one carb to supply two cylendars. This brings up the second and third problems I am considering:

fuel distibution: each carb needs the same amount of fuel at the same presuure (I assume) [or do they only need the float chambers topping up?]
would the standard nova mechanical pup be sufficient to supply them both?

and...

linkage: they both need to be connected/opperated at the same time. Which doesn't just mean throttle but idle cut off (or whatever you call that thing that prevents run on when you switch the car off) and whatever else you need to connect.:(

Stuart
09-02-06, 08:02 AM
erm you cant really use the 32/34 in the manner you think you can... eg im assuming that you think you can use each choke for a cylinder, thats not going to work.
For the ballache and time involved you might aswell just fit ONE 32/34 unit on the relevant 1.3/1.4 inlet manifold. They are more than capable of supplying enough air and fuel for what you want until you decide on more power from whatever source.
BUT if you did want to do it.
some how spend a lot of time and effort (which does cost money regardless of what you might say) butchering an inlet manifold and fitting mounting plates etc to it.
the linkage would be fairly straightforward esp if you used a twin cable setup like some use fot T40's and split the cables off for each carb.
fuel is easy, same as T40's, pump, filter, pressure reg, carb 1, T piece, Carb 2

mad-driver
09-02-06, 07:11 PM
Well for a start i didnt read properly lol, i thought you were just on about fitting a 32/34, not two of them.

Anyhow, as stu said theres no point even if you could, so go on stick 40s on your know you want to:thumb: