PDA

View Full Version : Installing Central Locking

treeted
07-02-06, 11:29 PM
New to this forum but being part of the long list of ppl thats had scrotes borrowing my nova and stereo and had useful PC plod not wanting to help but happily sending me pictures of my car doing a few mph over the speed limit Ive decided its time to fit remote central locking, take out the door barrels and stop the little sh1ts.:mad:

main thing is the fitting of the servos in the doors. noticed a lot of ppl on here have mentioned Micky Owens item about fitting central door locking can anyone please tell me were i can find it as Ive not managed it myself yet.:confused:

Steve:thumb:

jbowman
08-02-06, 03:27 PM
The little toerags will still get in even if you do fit remote cetral locking, yesterday my gfriends Saxo was broken into and they took her headunit and twin subs in broad daylight in her collage car park!!

If you do get a remote central locking kit you will get the full instructions and fitting kit to make it fit - I just bought a complete kit from ebay (40 quid). If you dont trust ebay you could get a Microscan central locking kit, SCL2200 (41 quid) and remote control system, add 50 quid (SCL3000), so you will look at about 90 quid unfitted from a decent car store.

The Microscan system you can also later, if you choose to, fit in conjunction with an alarm/immobiliser kit.

Even with central locking and alarm I got a massive dish steering wheel lock which covers the whole st/wheel and they get the highest Thatcham ratings - It just adds as a visual deterant for the scum.

treeted
08-02-06, 06:04 PM
Already got the kit from diygti on ebay ?24+p&p, but the only instructions that came with it is the wiring diagram. Got a rough idea how to fit it just wondered how most ppl fitted the servos in the doors and were abouts.

Only reason mine keeps getting done is coz i was stupid enough to leave my auto lock off in Warrington but the locks have been popped 3 times no so just want to do away with them coz most scrotes know novas are easy pray when it comes to door locks.

novatek
08-02-06, 06:21 PM
by servo, do you mean solenoid?

treeted
08-02-06, 06:25 PM
yeh the motor bit that works the lock soz not the best of ppl when it comes to technical names

novatek
08-02-06, 06:30 PM
i just lined up the solenoid it the bottom corner of the inside of the door (enough space for 2 screws) i marked up on the outside (inside of the door obviously) where the holes are,
drilled 2 holes
fixed the solenoid with self tappers on the inside of the door shell
then you can adjust the metal rod to hold the bottom of the door pin.

its really easy actually, wiring is the hardest part

treeted
08-02-06, 06:33 PM
Cheers mate wiring shud be the easy part 4 me i do it every day lol

jbowman
08-02-06, 07:22 PM
With these kits you usually have to bend the connecting rod to make it work, best to keet it as straight as possible.
They usually come with a perforated metal strip to help position the solanoid, but once you have done one side the other shudnt b a problem.