PDA

View Full Version : Nova SRi

Anonymous
28-09-00, 11:54 PM
You don't here much about the SRi Nova's on these Sites is there any reason for this. What can you tell me about them! Can i just add that anyone with a 1.3 or 1.4 carb should drop a 1.2 16V Ecotec in it. Thats what my corsa is (Standard) and i waste most slighty Mod'd SR's even 1.4s, OH well just a thought!

Anonymous
29-09-00, 03:33 PM
Sorry m8.
Aint no 1.2 corsa ever got a look in against an sr nova.
Probably a 1.2 nova would take one as well. I know 3 people with sxi corsas, far from quick.
Get ur facts rite.

Anonymous
29-09-00, 04:05 PM
Nova SRI's were made for 2 years between 1992 and 1993. They are basically 1.4 sr's with a single point fuel injection system, fitted with suspension and brakes from the GSI. They put out around 90bhp as standard with a 0-60 time of 10.8 secs according to factory figures. They aren't as tunable as the 1.4 sr but with 90 bhp standard it's fast enough for me. They're hard to get hold of and usually well above list price because of this fact. Why do i know so much about them, coz i'm after one myself and have done plenty of research.

Anonymous
29-09-00, 06:19 PM
Mines Totally standard! and does 0-60 in around 11 secs (My M8s timings) and i've had 112mph out of it you try getting a Nova 1.2 or 1.3 (or 1.4 for that Matter (slightly Mod'd not Twin Webbers)) and try getting them do it! I nailed a 1.4 SR last week and his car didn't go past 102mph and went past him at around 108mph. My m8s got a 1.2 and he can only get around 100mph out of that. Mines Twin cam and yours is not so next time i go a cruise look out for a blue 1.2 SXi (V-reg) and try race me. I should soon be getting SRi so i'll choose for myself whether or not a SXi is quicker than a nova. Fenix was Helpful you seem like a Twat. How old are you anyway. I'm only 19, nut you seem alot younger.

Anonymous
29-09-00, 07:33 PM
my 1.4 Sri does 125 mph and is still wanting to go faster but i did not want to be caught speeding! It does 0-60 in 9.6 seconds and is standerd apart from a K and N filter, piper exhaust and 16" speedline wheels. It is also a K-plate

Anonymous
29-09-00, 07:53 PM
Oh dear! Oh dear!
I did not mean any offense in my post i was just correcting u, cos u r wrong.
There r a lot of scrapper sr novas out there, if u dont look after these things for a few years they do go bad. But a well maintained 1.3 sr nova will take an sxi corsa. Of that there is no doubt in my mind. 3 of my friends drive sxis, they're a nice motor sit quite well for standard, but they r not quick.
Sorry if i offended u m8. My 1.4 sr is quick for an sr, but it has been modified and rebuilt(beyond what it says on this site). It will take just about any corsa, my m8s gsi only just pulls away.
You have to remember to win a race and say ur car is quicker the race should be reasonably fair.
As for ur timing of ur 0-60 did ur m8 use a stopwatch or did he just count to suit u.
I'm gonna go away and check my facts if i'm wrong i apologise(i'm not wrong by the way.)
On a different note good luck with gettin the sri there a nice motor supposed to be quicker than the 1.4srs, better brakes and suspension as standard.
Oh i'm older than u as well.

Anonymous
29-09-00, 07:53 PM
Av got a 1.4SRi nova (u can c it on the feature page) and it is well fast and if u tryed 2 race me, ma wee nova would whoop ass off any corsa(so would most nova's)

Anonymous
29-09-00, 08:02 PM
Nice wagon u've got urself there ballsy. Looks the part and from the tech spec i'd say she goes well too.
What do u think of the cam?
I'm lookin for a cam as i'm told it would make a big difference to mine but there a bit too steep for my pocket rite now.Did u find n e where cheap to get them?

Anonymous
30-09-00, 12:07 AM
No offence was taken. At the end of the day all i wanted to know was why there ain't much about them? I think i've gathered that it may be because how rare they are. As for the Corsa Vs Nova argument it will go on for along time. I only know what my car can do and the rest of the Novas around here can do (Stoke - on - Trent) and belive me there are plenty. My Car surprises a lot of people. So many people get right behind me at the Lights see the 1.2 16v badge (16v being what i ment by Twin Cam(DOHC)) and try to race. They always look confused when i leave them behind! I've even had someone in a Seat Ibiza 1.4 ask me what the fuck i've done to it or why i've badged it up wrong. They can't believe it when i tell them its standard. My manual says its 75BHP, 0-60 in 13s and top end of 102MPH. The 0-60 was taken with a Stop Watch. I think it came out as 11.15s. As for SRi's I've heard stories about the odd one being able to keep up with Cav 2.0l 16v (don't know whether it true or not!). As for seeing you at the next Cruise if you go Manc 4 tonight it would be Interesting to race a well maintened example to set the record straight! (Friendly, not wanting to put across the wrong Message).

Anonymous
30-09-00, 01:35 AM
RICK M8 THAT MUST B 1 FAST SRI U HAVE COZ MINE HAS A K+N AND IS ON A K PLATE AND I AM LUCKY TO SEE A 100 MPH

Anonymous
30-09-00, 01:58 AM
It took me ages to find a decent K reg Sri, and it goes like a rocket. It is totally standard, bar a panel filter, and i have had the 0-60 clocked at 9.8 s, and had the speedo reading 130, on my, er, own private runway.ahem. But the in gear acceleration is far better than most things, as the gear box has very close ratios, and revs very well. i have had people stop me and ask what i have under the bonnet, and be very surprised and peeved when they see a boggo standard engine. basically, it is the multi point injection that does it. That was the reason that i wanted one, in conjunction with the fact is is available in breeze blue.

Anonymous
30-09-00, 08:52 AM
Nova SRi's have multi point fuel injection system, not single point!!!

Anonymous
30-09-00, 01:12 PM
which is quicker i've seen in the max power magazine that the 1.3sr is, but read elsewhere thet the 1.4sr is, could somone pleeeese help????

Anonymous
01-10-00, 12:56 PM
yap my SRI is fast and last night i got it off the end of the speedo! It will beet a RS turbo off the mark and up to 60-70 then the rs comes past but it is not much faster topend either!