PDA

View Full Version : washer bottle no squirting!

johnnynova
07-02-06, 12:12 PM
ive got screen wash in there, but when i pull back the washer stalk it just makes the same noise it would do if it where squirting but nothing comes out! from the front or the rear!

it was working then started to die, so i thought i had run out of liquid but i hadnt!

is the pump knackered or blocked? i oculdnt see any leaks but will check again? ideas?

cheers

Dpnova
07-02-06, 12:19 PM
check the nozzles arent blocked with a pin

mikey14sr
07-02-06, 12:33 PM
Pull the motors out of the reservoir, you'll see some rubber grometts that are actually filters, these are probably full of goo from mixing different washer additives, give 'em a good clean and wash the res out.

Tazzy
07-02-06, 03:23 PM
on ALL novas ive had, the rear window washer jet has never worked, it makes the noise, but nothing!

Superluxeplus
08-02-06, 10:39 PM
Lift the tailgate and pull back the rubber boot at the top where the hinges are, the pipes split in there and when you use the rear wash/wipe it leaks into the boot.

Nova_Tek
08-02-06, 10:47 PM
get new front nozzles mate coz they get blocked more frequently. I unblock mine they work fine but next day they are blocked. Im gettin new ones.

As for the rear take em off and put in lime scale remover and give em a good clean shuld work fine.

Did the same with mine

ads w
08-02-06, 10:48 PM
i had alot off algae growing and blocking my tank once haha

SRlew
09-02-06, 08:33 PM
only my driver side one works, so am hoping its just a blocked nozzle.

but yer every nova my brother has had the rear one has never worked either.

Give it some rev
09-02-06, 09:31 PM
il have to join the club on the back washer not working, i rember when it did work for a day then never worked again??????????? lol

graham kirkbride
11-02-06, 09:23 PM
hi mate attached on the washer bottle you have a round tyre pump that pushes into a rubber take that out and it will be full of bluey green slime clean it and put it back in that should cure your problem let me no how you get on :thumb: