PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking question

Rich
06-02-06, 08:05 PM
My central locking only works from the drivers door. If i put the key in the drivers door, it opens the passenger door but not the other way around? Is this normal?

I've been told i have one switch and one solenoid, how have others got around this?

Adam
07-02-06, 12:29 AM
Yes thats normal.
Then drivers door does not have a solenoid, when you turn the key in the drivers door it operates the drivers door lock, and a solenoid operates the passenger lock.

It wont work the other way round as the drivers door has no solenoid to move the door lock rod.

Rich
07-02-06, 08:06 PM
Im going to put a solenoid into the drivers side and wire them up to my alarm, so it activates the solenoid. Im having the doors delocked so i wont need the central locking to work by the key, would this work?

Adam
07-02-06, 08:07 PM
Yip.

Riggy
07-02-06, 08:09 PM
yes , so in effect you will have 2 motors in the drivers door and one in the passengers

wire the soare up to the alarm , and when it is relesed it will push or pull the rod , which in turn pushes or pulls the std vaux drivers motor , which then sends the signal to the passenger motor

mikey14sr
08-02-06, 09:44 AM
The drivers side only has a switching solenoid, ie 3 wires coming from it. You can replace this with a five wire jobbie (switch+lock/unlock). Definately the easiest way to do it, as you dont have to f**k about with a second motor, just run the extra two wires across to the relay.:thumb: