PDA

View Full Version : facelift

squeek
06-02-06, 03:40 PM
I got a mk 1 nova and wanna put a full front end off a mk 2 on it (wings,bumper,bonnet,grille,lights,indicators)will it all fit and is it hard any help wanted someone help please :confused:

Adam
06-02-06, 03:53 PM
Mk1 bonnet is same as mk2, so no need to swap that.
You need wings, grill, lights, indicators, bumper.
Basically just remove the wings and fit the mk2 wings. Might need a Haynes manual to help you find the bolts if you have never changed wings before. Changing the other bits is v. straight forward.

Jack
06-02-06, 07:02 PM
Don't forget Mk2 headlights have some particularly fragile clips that sit underneath and hold them steady

ade
06-02-06, 11:17 PM
you'll also need mastik or seam sealer to rebond the wings back on otherwise you'll encourage rust. Also watch out for the indicators - make sure the rubber grommet goes back in the hole otherwise you'll get water entering under the dash and soaking your floor as mine did!

:mad:

TBH I'd stick with the mk1 kit - just upgrate to a GTE bumper (full plastic one) - MK1 Novas are getting quite rare as this was one of the 1st mods most people did (upgrade front end). Done off the mk2 a little meself - making too many GTE models I guess!

:roll: