PDA

View Full Version : mk2 dash in mk1 shell

rsintheplace
04-02-06, 10:42 AM
hello guys, how hard is it to fit a mk2 dash into a mk1? do you need to modify anything?

Cheers Chris

supanova1400
04-02-06, 11:17 AM
your looking at putting in the mk2 loom in aswell all the conections to the switches are different (i think)

Jack
04-02-06, 12:05 PM
Nope, connections are all the same - only difference is the rotary blower/heated RW control, the wires in that swap round, but the plug is still the same. Check the Haynes manual for how they go.

Heater ducts are different too. Not sure about the centre one, can't remember off the top of my head, but the ones to the side vents are definately different.

Its a pretty easy task, you should be able to do it in an afternoon.

ally_worsley83
04-02-06, 02:53 PM
I did mine about a year ago now, the car does not need any modifying it physically fits straight in. Before I fit mine tho, I went to a scrappy and butchered another one for small parts.

I got new heater cables for adjusting the heater setting, temp and direction, and the ducting for the blower as this is different from the mk1 dash. I also got all the looms for all the switches, all you have to do with those is cut the old ones off and match the coloured wires, easy (and I'm colourblind too!). Each loom can only fit one switch, so you can't really go wrong.

The indicator stalks stay but the fusebox has to move slightly, but nothing too tricky, I think you may also need a different steering wheel shroud, but this is just cosmetic and can be done after the dash is fitted.

The clocks drop straight in, and all the attachments of the dash to the car itself are the same. Oh, my dash didn't have a switch for the rear wash/wipe, but the dash did have a variable control for the headlights, which the car didn't have. So I took out that switch and put the old rear wash/wipe switch in it's place. If you can get hold of them, corsa stalks have the rear wash/wipe switch on them, just a bit or rewiring needed, and those stalks look better too.

More time consuming than tricky, but a worthwhile modification! Let us know how you get on.

Ally

rsintheplace
04-02-06, 03:40 PM
cheers peeps, ill be doing this soon:thumb: