PDA

View Full Version : How annoying

novatek
03-02-06, 06:01 PM
my heaters are making the stupidest grinding noise ever.
Its like they are screeming aaaarrrgggghhhhh aarrggghhhh.
and when its cold, you need the heaters baby thats just fact.

is anybody elses heaters like this?

and how do you calm down the screeming beast of the dashboard??

cheers, Ben

tappingt
03-02-06, 06:06 PM
Maybe the bearing have gone in the fan?

Chris@Mcfc
03-02-06, 06:16 PM
Mine's Started Doing That..

Just Turn The Music Up!!

Dar
03-02-06, 06:33 PM
Try spraying the bearings with a bit (as much as you like) of WD40 when the fan is on full blast. If that free's it up then you may want to maybe spray a bit of grease in there, or just stick with the WD40.

Adam
03-02-06, 06:37 PM
Try spraying the bearings with a bit (as much as you like) of WD40 when the fan is on full blast. If that free's it up then you may want to maybe spray a bit of grease in there, or just stick with the WD40.
I really dont advise doing that, i did that to mine, and everytime the blowers were switched on, the car filled with Wd40 and grease fumes,LOL.
You cant get rid of the smell.

I took my motor out, cleaned and dried all the wd40 of it,and the smell has just about gone now, took about 2months,lol.

The noise is usually the bearing, mine has stopped doing it now for some reason.

:thumb:

Spudly
03-02-06, 06:45 PM
Or you could run some thin lubricating oil onto the spindle for the blower motor, you can use wd40 but you just need to make sure u do it in little squirts and point it away from the fan itself otherwise it flicks through into the heater box and your pipework when the motor spins, as above lol!!!

Adam
03-02-06, 06:50 PM
Yup, i kind of went crazy and it got all over the blades of the fan, and soaked into the flap thing that diverts the heat,lol.

Dar
03-02-06, 07:16 PM
lol Everyone else seems to get problems - I've sprayed my motors with WD40 & spray grease lots of times and have never had any smell lasting more than 10 mins.

If your worried about the smell then just take the motor off of its mountings and spray the bearings with the motor not blowing in to the car :thumb: Also don't just stand there spraying for 5mins. All it needs is a small direct squirt in to the bearings.

Or just go and get another heater motor :D