PDA

View Full Version : sri head on gte/gsi bottom end?

womble sri
02-02-06, 07:57 PM
although i have only just got my car back on the road i am still looking into the future. i was wondering if my sri head would go onto the 1600 bottom end. i thought that the big valve heads were the same but want to be sure before i start investing.

Stuart
02-02-06, 08:01 PM
im 99% sure they are the same.

Tazzy
02-02-06, 10:19 PM
well ive just had it done to mine, and it fired up fine, sounds sweet if youre gona mix and match, this is what my mechanic has done -

gsi 1.6 bottom end
gsi 1.6 f13cr grbox
sri 1.4 cylinder head, cam carrier and dispak
gsi 1.6 cam (needs to be fitted yet, hasnt been fitted)
gsi 1.6 inlet manifold and injectors
sri 1.4 throttle body
sri 1.4 outlet manifold and downpipe
sri 1.4 injection rail
gsi 1.6 ecu
sri 1.4 fuel pump
ngk spark plugs

although im not sure what bhp im looking at for this, ill probably get a small reduction!

and, i know ive been complaining on here, but only cuz ive been ripped off, buts its too late for me, you could probably get a decent condition gsi lump for less, just make sure youve got everythng for it!

i cant wait to drive my baby!

Ste L
02-02-06, 11:00 PM
or instead of all that, just bolt a gsi bottom on your your sri top..should line up, due to sri and gsi head's being very similar,

Stuart
03-02-06, 08:15 AM
Taz.... WTF thats a bit mental lol. as essentailly everything north of the block on a 1.4sri is identicle to the 1.6 mpi stuff... Never mind huh, live and learn

Snowface
03-02-06, 12:46 PM
the sri head is taller then the GSI. Not sure if that will effect the timing.

thirdeyeblindman
03-02-06, 04:12 PM
course it will.. belt is only a fixed length so it'll change cam timing

novatek
03-02-06, 05:07 PM
(while we are on the subject)
is the head of a 1400 smaller (interally) than a 1600

and would this give more power due to more compression??

Tazzy
04-02-06, 07:14 PM
most of it wouldnt match up, like the gsi manifold didnt have a lambda sensor on it so couldnt use it, weve had to us the 1.4 TB, ecu, fual pump, fuel rail, top end just for it to work, as the TBs are different between the sri and gsi, and as the gsi fuel rail was damaged, couldnt use that either!

to be honest, i havent had chance to drive it properly yet as i broke down again and its as wombly as a p*sshead! so i dont know how its going to run! (probably c**p!)