PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft popping out!

Tazzy
02-02-06, 07:24 PM
some reason the drivers side drivehaft keeps poping out of the engine when turning left, just wondering if anyone could explain why it would be doing this and how to stop it? the engine is aligned correctly, and the engine mounts are fine, the whole unit was fitted in one go - engine, grbox, driveshafts, hubs, susepensio etc, its all from a gsi!

cheerz!

-Bruce-
02-02-06, 07:35 PM
The spring clip on the driveshaft could be weak or not even there. Or the cv joint could be locked and not working properly. eg if its locked up then it wont move in and out, and it will pull the shaft out of the diff!!
Just a thought. I have never seen this before.

Bruce

BigRuss
02-02-06, 08:07 PM
The spring clip on the driveshaft could be weak or not even there. Or the cv joint could be locked and not working properly. eg if its locked up then it wont move in and out, and it will pull the shaft out of the diff!!
Just a thought. I have never seen this before.

Bruce

I've had both these things happen to me!!! A seized cv on a rally and a missing circlip at Trax 2004 :cry:

Benn
02-02-06, 09:39 PM
what gear box?

Tazzy
02-02-06, 10:06 PM
so all i will need is a spring clip? should of just used the one off the other engine then, its been dumoed now for scrap, the gearbox form the other engine was in mint condition as well, the new grbox is the f13cr!

my mechanic is talking about jigging my car to re-align the front end, i know its been in a crash of some kind, but it isnt clear on how the crash affected the car!

ill phone him tomorrow to tell him to buy a clip before he pulls the shape of my car!

cheerz!

Adam
03-02-06, 12:46 AM
The shaft has a circlip which snaps into the diff to hold the shaft in place, if the clip is missing or weak/broken then the shaft can pop out.
Im not sure if you can just get another clip tho.

-Bruce-
03-02-06, 12:56 PM
I've had both these things happen to me!!! A seized cv on a rally and a missing circlip at Trax 2004 :cry:

Oh yeh you had to change a cv at trax i remember you borowing my mate kev's tool im sure!!

As Long live the nova said, im not sure if you can get a new/used circlip and just replace it!! Or would need to get a new cv joint. As the circlip may not streach enough to go over the splined shaft of the CV.

Bruce

Tazzy
04-02-06, 07:08 PM
its more serious than i thought, i know what i wanted a tthe begining of the conversion, but the mechanic wouldnt listen, i said i wanted my shocks and my driveshafts from the original engine, but him thinking he knows it all, used the gsi driveshafts and front shocks!

well it appears these seem to be a slight fraction too small for the corsa, which is why the drivehaft keeps coming out of the diff, so im gonna have to buy these now, more money!
the whole front end is f***ed, the guy even pulled the front end, even though i phoned him and told him not to, it still cost me ?40!

i drove it out the bodyshop, got about 150emtres, and it came out, stranded, had to get a recovery truck to drop me home, another ?30, so now my car is dead on the driveway, 3 cars, all dead!

mad-driver
04-02-06, 11:01 PM
The answer really is quite simple, if it pops out turning left, then dont turn left, turn right three times :D, hope this helps...

Riggy
05-02-06, 09:28 AM
but him thinking he knows it all, used the gsi driveshafts and front shocks!

yes the nova driveshafts are 2 small for the corsa , as the corsa is wider

have you not got the corsa driveshafts any more - if not you will need some , and can be of any model corsa

your front shocks will be the same though

Tazzy
05-02-06, 05:09 PM
the mechanic scrapped the original shocks and driveshafts, even though i told him i wanted them kept on the car, he had them took away as soon as they werew off!

as for the shocks, they came off the gsi with lowering springs on them, i think 60mm springs, so the car sits too low, and the wheels can hardly turn, doesnt help that ive got 15-60 tyres on it, will need lower profile tyres!

got the breaks from the gsi though, they seem to be bigger, and theyve been painted red, i htink these will be ok, but im getting a mobile mechanic to come out of tuesday to repair what the garage f***ed up, will cost me a fortune!