PDA

View Full Version : Rust and Photos

novapearl
02-02-06, 01:38 PM
Firstly - rust - don't you ####ing hate it when you find it eating your car. Thought mine was in gud nick. Until i started peering under the front arches. two nasty little holes behind the headlights. Now filled, sanded, painted (black) and undersealed. Irritating how rusty holes just grow as u prepare for filling and such...

Did Novas come with built in rust as standard or was that just Metros?

As regards photos how do you upload them from a mobile phone - have a camera phone and have taken pics, but how to upload them onto here?

Adam

Austin_Nova16
02-02-06, 01:55 PM
Filling rot holes is the worst thing to do, it will re-appear 10 times worse next time. Best to chop it out and weld in replacements.

novapearl
02-02-06, 02:05 PM
Alright if you can take the wing off and mess around welding in a strange shape bit of metal in a non vital place. If it was safety related then obviously i would cut and weld but it ain't so i didn't!

The only reason i did it was to stop sludge and crud going through the hole and lurking about where it can't be seen. You can't even see the hole unless you crawl under the wing and look for it.

After all this vehicle has a life expectancy of two years tops.. what would you do? Spend hours messing about with welders and metal or just go for a quick fix that will do the job. This is the real world you know!

-Bruce-
02-02-06, 03:18 PM
Spend hours messing about with welders and metal or just go for a quick fix that will do the job. This is the real world you know!

But using filler is not a fix. Its just covering it up!! But i can sort of see what you are talking about. If you are not going to keep the car for long or not realy bothered about it.

Bruce

novamadcars
02-02-06, 09:34 PM
i have a bit of rust near my drivers side headlight i was finking of cutting the rust out with a dremel drill then fiberglass the back of the hole then filler over the front.
After reading this im just wondering if i do cut the rust out and fiberglass and filler over the hole if it will last much longer then 2 years?