PDA

View Full Version : GSi Clocks

icko
02-02-06, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new to the site.:roll:
I drive a Opel Corsa a with a C14NZ in it and I am thinking of putting in a GSi dashboard.:D

Could you please tell me what do i need to do to get all the gauges working.:confused:

Thanks,
Icko

Ste L
02-02-06, 12:37 PM
the batt gauge should work straight away...
if yours is a mk2, the rev counter will also work with out doing anything

you will just need a 2 pin, oil sender switch, then plug the spare wire into it, and the one behind the dash into the clocks

Austin_Nova16
02-02-06, 12:39 PM
Fitted some to my 1.2i, and the only thing I had to do was get an oil pressure unit to bolt on the oil pump with an extra output to run the pressure guage. The additional wire for this was already in the loom and left unconnected on the original dash plug. Also run a wire from the coil -ve (normally green) if you don't have a rev counter (tacho) already.
Hope this helps!

icko
02-02-06, 12:44 PM
Mine is an Mk2 (after the facelift)

Thanks.

Ste L
02-02-06, 12:50 PM
Also run a wire from the coil -ve (normally green) if you don't have a rev counter (tacho) already.
Hope this helps!

dont need to do that on the mk2's the wires on the plug that goes into the dash

Austin_Nova16
02-02-06, 01:51 PM
S t e (http://www.novaload.net/forum/member.php?u=9033)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Nova16
Also run a wire from the coil -ve (normally green) if you don't have a rev counter (tacho) already.
Hope this helps!

dont need to do that on the mk2's the wires on the plug that goes into the dash

Ah well, pritty obvious if thats the case then..... on mine I took it straight from the xe loom in the drivers footwell anyway....but yes, there was a green wire attached to that plug already..