PDA

View Full Version : paint blending

Anonymous
04-07-01, 10:55 AM
could some one please help me out? I have a few bodywork issues (nothing too serious) and I want to sort them out but I'm scared. I know paint blending can be tricky but I want to know what is involved so i can consider sorting it myself. Are there any pit falls that i should know about. nice 1 in advance:)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 12:17 PM
i know of someone in liverpool who can do foreigners for you, what is it you're after?

Anonymous
04-07-01, 12:22 PM
Not a great deal to do but i would always work to a crease in a panel or an edge(door etc..) it is the only way you will get it perfect. You will see an overspray in bright light otherwise. It would help if you could say what panels you are going to paint.
;)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 12:38 PM
ok yeah sorry not much info given there. first off call me stupid and stuff but ian although spray painting people from other countries would be hilarious its the car i'm trying to do.(foreigners?)

One example is when I debadged the bonnet I obviously had to fill the holes and spray over them. This was the first time i had done any spraying but I thought I had an idea what to do. I filled it obviously then wet and dried it 4 ages starting with the rough stuff moving down to the smooth stuff. I then put a couple of coates of primer on and then 4 or 5 coates of paint. once it had dried I t-cutted it and waxed it. The paint has never really blended ,its darker where i sprayed it. I didnt do the whole bonnet i only did the front where I had filled.

Now the paint is kind of coming off , little spots are appearing and it looks awful.

I know I'm dead crap so dont diss just help me and there may well be a dairy-lea slice in it 4 ya!:D

Anonymous
04-07-01, 02:53 PM
4 a dairylea slice i'll do almost anything.
Unfortunately I do not know how to solve your probelm... any chance of the cheesy slice anyway???

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
04-07-01, 03:12 PM
your'e all the same you lot ...take take take and no give give give. I would recommend you to learn and practice paint blending if you want your cheesy treat!

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:44 PM
You need to either have the whole bonnet sanded down and sprayed, or sand off what you have done and drive to a paint shop and ask nicely... they will be able to help ya for about ?70?

136BHP GTE, YEAH BABY!!!

Anonymous
04-07-01, 08:41 PM
sorry m8 the best way to do the bonnet is to paint the lot.Paint it first then rub it back with wet & dry (1500) then use a rubbing compound(local motor factors) to take out the minor scratches then finish with a good polish try it m8 u will be surprised at the results u will get, experiment on an old door or whatever an see for yourself ;)

Anonymous
06-07-01, 08:45 AM
cheers fellas , I might just get a new bonnet.