PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet

Anonymous
03-07-01, 12:34 PM
Im going to blend my suburu imprezza bonnet scoop into my bonnet at the weekend and I want to add something else to the bonet, Im thinking of Astra 16v vents but they are so common, does anyone have any other ideas of what I could do, I need to think quick if im going to start in on Sat ?

" I think he's trying to watch some illegal channels"
"No thats just the nature show"
"Oh yeah, Spank My Hairy Ass!!"
"Whats that?"
"Ride me, Ride me like a pony !"

Anonymous
03-07-01, 12:41 PM
What about the other Subaru vents?

Little square ones, dont know of any cars with those in, bar subaru's.

Or get to work with the grinder & cut some shapes out the your bonnet?

Anonymous
03-07-01, 02:38 PM
i quite like the vent on the pug 206 bonnet...
thing is its angled and on one side... dont think they make any with it on opposite side to balance it up... if you fitted one it'd have to be on one side only... and thats no fun.

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
03-07-01, 06:49 PM
NACA ducts look very good, but im not sure if the nova bonnet is angled enough to make the duct as efficient as it should be. worth looking into

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:17 PM
Im looking int vents a bit now,I think I will have a ganders(silly word for butchers,as in look at, u spoon)at some heavy industrial machinery,like washing machines and fridges,to steal the louvres from!-has anyone had upside down louvres done yet?cold air in and all that?

a car one colour soon!:)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 10:24 PM
the hot air has to get out too. and under the car aint too efficient. whereas being sucked out of the bonnet is way better. just a suggestion. a bit of balance and you will have emmese airflow through the engine area

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
04-07-01, 10:05 AM
I know that,but most people fit vents to let hot air out only from what I have seen

a car one colour soon!:)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:21 PM
bob......are we mentally connected via ESP or something? I was thinking of doing that very thing......getting some old microwave, fridge or washer etc, and using the louvers welded (or however I'd have to fit 'em) into the bonnet!

I was thinking of having a coupe of air-out vents though, as that's better for keeping the engine bay cool. Having air-in vents in the bonnet could cause the carb to freeze up easier in winter :(

Anonymous
05-07-01, 11:57 AM
block the hole in the winter with a metal plate and remove it in the summer !

" I think he's trying to watch some illegal channels"
"No thats just the nature show"
"Oh yeah, Spank My Hairy Ass!!"
"Whats that?"
"Ride me, Ride me like a pony !"