PDA

View Full Version : HEADRESTS AGAIN

Anonymous
01-07-01, 04:23 PM
I posted this up in technical,but I desperately need the help,will nova mk2 front headrest guides be ok for a rear headrest conversion?-I have ordered some,but the delivery dont go thru till monday,so if theres anything better please let me know?-would be much appreciated,dont like holes in the back seats at the mo!

Anonymous
02-07-01, 09:14 AM
yeah thay'll go straight in . I got mine out of the front of a cav . but because i snapped em to get them out the rests rattle like me shagging tina from s club 7 . So I took em out.:( yours will be fine though cos you are doing it the proper way

Anonymous
02-07-01, 03:04 PM
I dont usually do things the proper way on my car...

Anonymous
02-07-01, 06:22 PM
lol@bob

I could do with a pair of new guides for the front seats, 'cos the ones on the Driver's seat can be pulled straight out! I think the previous owner fitted these guides so they could fit newer style padded head-rests, instead of the old placky ones!

Anonymous
03-07-01, 10:31 AM
I "adapted" my headrests to fit the seats,not the other way round,for the front,I hacksawed the lugs off the mk2 headrest poles,so they could slot in,Im off to the breakers to cut up a few seats for headrest guides,vauxhall quoted me ?5.60 a guide!-I have rear headrests fitted in my GTE back seat now,but no guides for them,as I was dummy fitting em.so is it belmont or mk2 headrests?

Anonymous
03-07-01, 12:46 PM
bob.....when I fitted newer head-rests my self, I also cut off the lugs from the newer head-rest poles. The previous owner of my SR front seats obviously didn't think of doing that :P

The head-rest do sit right down on to the seat though, instead of having a gap where to can see the poles, so that's a difference in using different guides.

Anonymous
03-07-01, 03:10 PM
yeah I see,I managed to get cav saloon guides for "free" at the breakers,I need to trim the clips off them dont I? also got some elctric window switches if anyone needs them,theyre from cavs n senators(both different...)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 06:46 PM
I'm confused now......bob, are you the same bob as bob d-_-b ???? i.e my mate Rob Weaver?
You must be...he's just got a set of elecy switches from a senator and a cav!

My brain is going to explode :O

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:14 PM
yeah same bob,just got rid of the d-_-b as it wasnt showing up properly :( I tok some pics of the switches,but they are all blurry :o which is not good,if u email me ur ad,I could send you them to have a ganders at?-they are no use to me u see :(

a car one colour soon!:)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:23 PM
Thank goodness for that...I thought I was going mad.....or there were two peeps living parallel lives!

I've mailed you mate :)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 11:23 PM
ill av a pic too matey