PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the bonnet

Adam
01-02-06, 03:18 PM
I've noticed that i have a gap between the bonnet and grill.
Big enough so that you can just get your finger tip in.

Looking at a few pics, the gap is bigger than it should be.

Can you alter the boonet position so it closes closer to the grill?

I would of looked in haynes, but i've lost my manual somewhere,Lol.

:thumb:

probert_nova
01-02-06, 03:28 PM
i think theres some rubber things on your bonnet at the front that if you twist round will make the bonnet sit slightly lower.

Adam
01-02-06, 03:53 PM
Ye, i've tried them, but it still sits slighty too high, i could do with lowering the middle of the bonnet but not the edges,Lol, as the edges are fine above the headlights.

Adam
01-02-06, 03:54 PM
Does anyone have any close up pics of the gap between there bonnet and headlights/grill?

jamie gsi16v
01-02-06, 03:59 PM
wind your catch in more where your coil spring is on your bonnet, trial and error but ul get there, might be harder to shut tho if your tightening the catch up.

Adam
01-02-06, 04:17 PM
Ok mate, i'll give it a go.
When i work out how it tightens,Lol.

jamie gsi16v
01-02-06, 11:07 PM
the domed point has two flat notches each side u can get a spanner on, try that

Adam
03-02-06, 02:06 PM
Tried this today, and it has closed the gap a bit, but the bonnet sits too low now, its line is below the wing,Lol.
So i've adjusted it a bit more using the catch.

Still got a gap, but i'll have to make do with how it is. :)

bryn16v
04-02-06, 03:21 AM
adjust the catch down to drop the middle then adjust the rubbers up for the edge's try that worked for me had the same problem
:thumb:

supanova1400
04-02-06, 08:30 AM
the std mesurment from the bonnet the the end of the spring should be 40-42 mm .
and do as bryn16v did and use the rubbers to lvl it out.

Jack
04-02-06, 12:12 PM
What about adjusting how the grille sits, so it s a little higher up in the middle to meet the bonnet?

Adam
04-02-06, 04:55 PM
What about adjusting how the grille sits, so it s a little higher up in the middle to meet the bonnet?
How, it clips into the slam panel :confused:

I have measured the plunger catch and compared it to the 40-42mm but dont know where the measurement is taken from, the bonnet, or the top washer bit of the catch.

I've had another go today and i think its about right now, the gap looks about normal for a nova.