PDA

View Full Version : Engine Conversion Going Wrong - HELP!

Tazzy
31-01-06, 06:55 PM
just spent half the day up the garage, theyve got the engine/grbox/suspesion/brakes/driveshafts all connected up!

my front springs were broke, so had to have new one my pads were gone anyway, so had new ones!

problem is, the TB is different so gonna have to use the 1.4 one on the 1.6 inlet as the loom is different, also gona have to use the 1.4 loom as the 1.6 loom isnt in a good condition!

also gona have to use the cam/cam carrier for the dispak, as the other is a dizzy and loom wont fit!

lastly, exhaust dont fit, theres no lambda sensor on the gsi manifold/down pipe, plus, its larger than the 1.4 pipe!

cost what it was meant to be in total when first quoted -
engine ?150
labour ?170

cost so far -
engine ?150
labour ?260
exhaust fabrication ?50
ngk plugs ?12
oil and filter ?11
head gasket set ?7

so im gona have to use the 1.4 fuel pump/ecu/TB/cam carrier/cam/dispack/loom/manifold/downpipe/air box all on the 1.6 bottom end!

what shall i do?

Adam
31-01-06, 06:59 PM
Hmm, i have no idea what your trying to do,lol

Is this the c14se corsa that your putting a e16se into?

Tazzy
31-01-06, 07:14 PM
yeah, hopeing to do 2 conversions, but one at a time, the current one is the e16se from a gsi into my corsa 1.4 sri, the other will be done later in the yr, (see other post) will be an e16se into a nova 1.4 sr!

the corsa conversion is going wrong, nothing seems to fit, i have no lambda sensor on the new exhaust, the gsi loom is damaged, and the dizzy doesnt fit, so gona need to use the dispak!

Adam
31-01-06, 07:17 PM
E16se doesn't have a lambda.
USe everything that you got with the GTe engine.

Aragorn
31-01-06, 07:21 PM
You can use everything off the 1400 BUT the enigine will then run lean and probably melt itself

c16se ecu would be advisable for safety assuming the same pinout

fit the 1400 manifolds complete to the 1600 block/head and aquire a c16se ecu and you should be good to go

Tazzy
31-01-06, 07:23 PM
but everything doesnt fit, does that mean i dont need the lambda sensor?

the TB is different, so all the wiring wont fit, the gte injection rail is damaged, the dispak (from the 1.4) doesnt fit the gsi cam carrier, so the 1.4 head will need to go on!

and the mechanic is saying summit about a coil which i aint got so cant use the dizzy????

Adam
31-01-06, 07:25 PM
Use the GTE tb, wiring, etc etc.
Use the GTE dizzy.

Adam
31-01-06, 07:27 PM
You can use everything off the 1400 BUT the enigine will then run lean and probably melt itself

c16se ecu would be advisable for safety assuming the same pinout

fit the 1400 manifolds complete to the 1600 block/head and aquire a c16se ecu and you should be good to go
How about fitting the 1400 stuff, but fit the injectors off the 1600 engine?
Would that work
that would solve the fuel rail prob etc.

Aragorn
31-01-06, 07:35 PM
c14se and c16se injectors are the same which is why he needs a c16se ecu

just fit all the 1400 parts (bar the inlet manifold itself unless you wanna **** around with the egr) and it'll be fine with c16se ecu

Tazzy
31-01-06, 07:37 PM
as the gsi injection rail is damaged, and the 1.4 rail doesnt fit on the 1.6 TB, he is saying he will need the 1.4 TB to use the 1.4 rail, we are keeping the 1.6 injectors on the inlet!

as for the dizzy, he is saying that as i dont have the coil (????) i cant use the dizzy, and will need to dispak as the loom doesnt fit the dizzy, but does the dispak, and cuz the dispak doesnt fit the 1.6 head, i will need the 1.4 head to fit the dispak!

also, the gsi manifold/downpipe doesnt have the lambda sensor, so he is trying to fit the 1.4 manifold/downpipe to fit the exhaust and use the lambda sensor!

Tazzy
31-01-06, 07:48 PM
which cam would be better, the 1.4 cam or the 1.6 cam?

Adam
31-01-06, 08:05 PM
as the gsi injection rail is damaged, and the 1.4 rail doesnt fit on the 1.6 TB, he is saying he will need the 1.4 TB to use the 1.4 rail, we are keeping the 1.6 injectors on the inlet!

as for the dizzy, he is saying that as i dont have the coil (????) i cant use the dizzy, and will need to dispak as the loom doesnt fit the dizzy, but does the dispak, and cuz the dispak doesnt fit the 1.6 head, i will need the 1.4 head to fit the dispak!

also, the gsi manifold/downpipe doesnt have the lambda sensor, so he is trying to fit the 1.4 manifold/downpipe to fit the exhaust and use the lambda sensor! Ooo right, i get ya now. Lol.

As aragorn said, just fit the 1.4 injection etc, and use the 1.4 cam carrier with the Dispak keeping the c14se loom.
You will need to fit the cranksensor to the crank pulley of the 1.6 bottom end tho.
The 1.4 crank pulley/cog thingy for the sensor should fit the 1.6 block.

Use the 1.4 exhaust manifold and exhaust.

As for the cam, i dont know what the c14se cam is like, in terms of lift etc. it doesn't seem to be listed in any engine manual.

Aragorn
31-01-06, 08:08 PM
use the GTE cam and GTE inlet manifold with the 1400 throttle body attached

crank sensor just bolts onto oil pump so thats not a problem

Adam
31-01-06, 08:10 PM
[quote=Aragorn
crank sensor just bolts onto oil pump so thats not a problem[/quote]
Dont you also need the sprocket wheel thingy as well as the sensor?

Riggy
31-01-06, 08:28 PM
the looms wont fit at all mate

you have to cut your loom and join it to the gsi loom

Tazzy
31-01-06, 11:01 PM
he isnt using any gsi loom at all, its all corsa loom, we can only use the following from the gsi - bottom end, grbox, ecu, inlet manifold, injectors, everything will have to be 1.4 sri - fuel pump, exhaust, injection rail, cam carrier, dispak and TB!

Snowface
01-02-06, 12:19 PM
Sounds a bit complicated.

May be cheaper to whack some 40's on there. No need to worry about Looms or manifolds/injection rails.

Tazzy
01-02-06, 10:00 PM
well its up and running, using the 1.4 cam/carrier, dispack, fuel pump, TB, exhaust manifold and downpipe and injection rail on the 1.6 bottom end, ECU, inlet manifold, injectors and gr/box!

was all running sweet till i drop down the round and took a left hand bend in first, driveshaft popped out the grbox so its had to be toed back into the garage over night, should pick it up tomorrow, cuz it was a big job, the labour cost has come to ?290, (incl ?150 engine, ?33 bits n pieces)

still yet to buy k&n induction kit and fse boost valve!