PDA

View Full Version : 4 all u design gurus

Anonymous
25-06-01, 09:11 AM
My mate gave me some nice 6*9's for which I have made a parcel shelf and everything, trouble is they dont have the mesh covers for them so they look slightly ugly. They are starting to piss me off cos they look crap.

What i need is ideas on covering them to make them look more presentable. all help much appreciated:)

Anonymous
25-06-01, 09:28 AM
mount them underneith the parcel shelf and then cover the shelf with very thin acoustic carpet.

Anonymous
25-06-01, 09:33 AM
I did that already but there where speakers there before hand so the holes in the carpet already exist. I know I could recover it but I want to see if I can make it a bit more interesting.

Anonymous
25-06-01, 09:52 AM
right heres an idea which im gonna use, as ive seen a girl with somet similar in chester.

Not sure what your shelf looks like but mine is sunken in the middle so what i was gonna do is recloth the whole shelf in black and then another raised piece of cloth in the middle so that the shelf looks near enough flat but in two tone, looks good if you colour code it with your car.

if this doesnt make any sense what so ever mail me and ill try and take a pic of her shelf next time shes out in it or when ive started/finsihed mine

Anonymous
25-06-01, 10:53 AM
I was more thinking of making some kind of covers for them. could anyone that has done this kind of thing b4 please advise on materials and maybe see some pics?:)

Anonymous
25-06-01, 01:43 PM
i hsve a pair of infintiy 6x9 covers that look lovely and i dont use em.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
25-06-01, 01:47 PM
You are in swansea arent you fella?

maybe i could send a self addressed envelope for them?

do they say infinity on them ? just let us know anyway . cheers m8

Anonymous
25-06-01, 01:52 PM
im back in the motherland now mate!!!

they say infinity on em and its in a pearlesent sor tof paitn so it looks kool.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
25-06-01, 02:07 PM
if you want rid and you dont want no money for em send me your address and i'll send you a self addressed jiffy bag or something. dont worry about it if you want to keep em , just let me know fella. nice one bridge

Anonymous
25-06-01, 07:18 PM
Tight bastard!

Anonymous
26-06-01, 09:11 AM
cheeky ****. Its hardly worth paying anything for em really is it? but whatever then i'll send a postal order for a couple of friggin quid.

what you sayin camb ?

Anonymous
26-06-01, 10:50 PM
Will they fit? Not all 6x9's are the same shape!

Anonymous
27-06-01, 09:13 AM
no way ...theyve got to be, 6*9 is the measurement of the dimensions arent they?

Anonymous
27-06-01, 10:36 AM
some of the covers are designed to fit certain 6*9 surrounds, my old JBL ones had a little JBL symbol on the speaker surround, so the actual mesh covers weren't oval, they had a little indent in one side.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
27-06-01, 10:40 AM
bollocks! does anyone know if you can just buy screw in speaker covers? I think you can get them for subs but Ive never seen them for 6*9's.

Anonymous
27-06-01, 02:03 PM
i even have jbl covers too lol

Anonymous
27-06-01, 02:08 PM
wot u sayin then bridgo me old cobber do you want em or what?

Anonymous
27-06-01, 07:48 PM
cam, if you got plenty spare i wouldnt mind a set of covers, i dont care what make they arre as long as they aint BOSS sound or stuff like that. cheers m8 - john

Anonymous
27-06-01, 09:30 PM
dont think i like bridgo mate

cam is slightly better but peeps may get confused with a lobed shaft lol

blondo!! lol

ill have a think about the covers coz my mate bourhg tmy jbls off me and he may want the grilles. ill have a word with him. but the infinity ones are available :D maybe