PDA

View Full Version : help heater problems

scottishstu
31-01-06, 01:04 AM
hi guys new to the site , looking for some advice, just bought a j plate sri , but the heater not very warm , any ideas? is this a common problem?

Rich
31-01-06, 09:49 PM
How long was the car running? They take a while to warm up.

Lee
31-01-06, 10:24 PM
Air lock in the matrix? (when the cars warmed up, check the temp of the two pipes running into the bulkhead above the steering rack)

Is the actuator on the side of the matrix all the way open?

Are you expecting warm air out of the middle vents? (you wont get any)

Is there water in header tank?

SuperNova!
01-02-06, 12:02 AM
My car does blow "warm" air after being started for about 5 minutes but it never realy gets hot until you are just parked ticking over or stuck at traffic lights when the engine gets warm.

It has been the same on all my novas.

hope this helps :thumb:

novamadcars
01-02-06, 12:16 AM
i have a mk 1 nova and give it 5 mins of the engine running and i have hot air its even better then my mums vectra heating

1.3sr_kane
01-02-06, 11:12 PM
i had exact same problem on my gf's gsi!!!

its easy... its the thermostat!!!!!!!!!

johnny27
03-02-06, 09:30 AM
had a prob with my mum's vectra. Water tank had rusty water (not enough anti freeze lol) eventually it blocked up the little heater radiator, replaced the heater radiator with a new one and is fine now. Altough it is worth having you stat checked first, but you should now anyway by the tempature gauge if its alright.

scottishstu
03-02-06, 11:52 PM
thanks for the advise guys the temp gauge was fine , it is something to do with the vent at the back? maybe not open right? is this easy to fix?
thanks
again
stuart