PDA

View Full Version : digi dash wont fit

-Greg-
30-01-06, 09:29 PM
hi i have recentley got given a digi dash i wired it all in put it in the slot but the trouble is it wont go all the way back in ive cut of the white bits on the clocks and ive bent the metal bars but however i do it it wont go in it wont go far enough in so i can put the surround on has any1 had this problem
cheers
greg

supanova1400
30-01-06, 09:53 PM
hi yeah you need to make sure all the wires are tucked right out the way and push quite hard, mine was a bugger and sits out about half a cm you'll prob need slightley longer screws for the bottom of the shroud. its tight but keep going it will get there in the end.

HTH
Dave

-Greg-
30-01-06, 10:05 PM
o rite there is a hole in the middle of the place where the clocks go in i tryed gettign the wires to go in i tryed for about and hour to get it in in the end i was really pee'd off i i thought id better leave it and ask so ill keep at it then as it is really really tight cheers for that
greg

lee 16v
30-01-06, 10:44 PM
its fitted properly, it will go in and out nice, just look where its getting stuck
there is a little gold thing with a hole in you need to take it off and cut the black bit, so you will have just over 1/2 of it left or bend it out the way till you get it in. just look at whats getting scrached as your trying to put it in,

no if

SRlew
31-01-06, 03:13 PM
has any one got a pic of the 16v one lit up? im still unsure wether i should buy it and take on the task of fitting it to a mk1.

raymond
31-01-06, 06:12 PM
has any one got a pic of the 16v one lit up? im still unsure wether i should buy it and take on the task of fitting it to a mk1.

hiya mate could you let me know if you do fit one to your mark one if its a mark one dash ive heard there a right pain and they never fit right i fancy doing it myself

SRlew
01-02-06, 08:26 PM
yer rayond it will be going into a mk1 dash,
when i get round to getting it from him and fitting it i'll put up a post or PM you mate.

going to have to have a go at lest.

cheers, lew