PDA

View Full Version : De-badging SRi

Anonymous
15-06-01, 12:08 PM
Does anybody know a good way of removing the metal badging on the tailgate? A couple of my mates have managed to take paintwork with them by just pulling it off.

Anonymous
15-06-01, 12:21 PM
I took the crappy badges of the tailgate on my SRI a few weeks ago. Get a hairdrier and heat the badge for a while and then gently peel it off while still heating it. This will probably leave a bit of adhiesive on the paintwork so repeat the heating process and rub this off with your finger.If it's really stubborn (mine wasnt) then get some autoglym tar/glue remover. Then get some autoglym paint restorer and give the whole area several coats and buff it off well, and repeat this until the area where the badges was is no longer visible. Polish the whole area and job done!
It took me about twenty minutes from start to finish and you can't see a different shade of paintwork at all.

:)

Anonymous
15-06-01, 12:44 PM
as Frak says

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
15-06-01, 12:52 PM
lol @ "frak"!!! ive also heard you can use a piece of string in a see saw motion. it looks pretty good on Slim Jims :D

Anonymous
15-06-01, 02:06 PM
lol at my awful typing !!!!

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
15-06-01, 04:02 PM
i did mine like breeny said, using a piece of string and sawing it along!!, works surprisingly well!!!

Anonymous
15-06-01, 04:54 PM
I heated mine with a hairdrier,then to remove remains of sticky,use furniture polish,I kid you not,I ave used it to remove almost all of the adhesive left behind from badges or bumpstrips,works well

Anonymous
18-06-01, 07:05 PM
I used boilin hot water froma kettle.Both the adhesive and the badge came off in one go! I know I almost fell over with shock!!

My Car is for sale!!!!!

Anonymous
20-06-01, 02:56 PM
I just peeled the little fuckers off.lol