PDA

View Full Version : i'm on the hunt.

nam
30-01-06, 03:22 PM
some of you lot may remember me from about a year ago, i sold my nova and now i am looking for anotherone to do a trackday in, can anyone help? also i need some help with info about trackdays, i know that you dont need insurance, and that no really safey gear is needed, but is there anything i really need to know?

thanks in advance

Nam

Ste L
30-01-06, 03:26 PM
i always though you needed insurance for a tackday??

i would advise having, just incase you do stuff your car

wisewood
30-01-06, 03:31 PM
check out http://www.trackdays.co.uk it should tell you everything you want to know.

wisewood
30-01-06, 03:32 PM
http://www.trackdays.co.uk/car.htm to be exact

nam
30-01-06, 05:00 PM
cheers wisewood.

Lee
30-01-06, 05:06 PM
If your looking for cheap track events, follow the link in my sig!

Stuart
30-01-06, 05:35 PM
track cars dont need insuarnce. they only really need an MOT in some cases but they dont tend to check.

Mark T
30-01-06, 05:53 PM
Its best to MOT a trackday car TBH. Would you want to pushing a car to its full extents without having any idea on what state its brakes, suspension, tyres and the such like are in?

Stuart
30-01-06, 05:55 PM
meh jsut guess

Mike.
30-01-06, 06:09 PM
Its best to MOT a trackday car TBH. Would you want to pushing a car to its full extents without having any idea on what state its brakes, suspension, tyres and the such like are in?

lmao my cars doomed then lol

Lee
30-01-06, 06:11 PM

Agree with you to an extent, but someone who is building a trackday car will undoubtedly keep their running gear in tip top condition anyway.

Anyone who doesnt shouldnt really be near a track IMHO.

And Track insurance will only cover your car, not the repairs on someone elses if you hit them, so not really worth bothering with if your building a Nova track car that can easily be re-shelled.

Ive only been to one track event where my car was scrutineered, and that was only a RWYB at Shakespeare County, and that was just an old boy poking his head under the bonnet LOL. They dont need to bother too much as all the disclaimers are in the lil sheet of paper you sign before you begin.

nam
30-01-06, 11:08 PM
cheers for the replys fellers, so i dont need insurance for sure? and the car needs to be MOT'ed kool, how the car going mike? update on some pics?

Mike.
31-01-06, 06:27 PM
cheers for the replys fellers, so i dont need insurance for sure? and the car needs to be MOT'ed kool, how the car going mike? update on some pics?

well apart from the car nearly catching fire on Sunday its comming on well lol