PDA

View Full Version : How much for a respray?

Anonymous
14-06-01, 01:23 AM
I realise that it's a cop-out but I want my car resprayed by a pro... or should I say someone with a garage. I wanna have it done a different colour...
Could anyone tell me "approximately." how much this is gonna set me back coz if its too steep i'll just bodge it myself.

cheers

** Please Don't Spank Me TOO Hard... I Didn't Mean To Honest!!! **

Anonymous
14-06-01, 08:54 AM
If u r going for a different colour it is a lot more expensive than the same colour because they have to paint a lot more, I reckon u would be looking close to a grand for a decent job with guarentee's and all that lot.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
14-06-01, 09:04 AM
ive been quoted 500 by a freind of a freind...but im waiting to see what sort of job is done on my m8's before i commit myself

Anonymous
14-06-01, 09:39 AM
you can get it done cheap for around ?400 but it will be a shit job and go tatty in abot 6 - 9 months, if your planning on keeping the car or selling it when you ant a new one, I'd save up and get a decent job done. Like eybic says about ?1k should cover it.

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
14-06-01, 10:25 AM
you get what you pay for.

[-iansUpToSomething.jpg-] <--- are you davo in disguise? (but obviously not as camp as davo!)

Anonymous
14-06-01, 10:50 AM
I got quote ?1500 for a full shell spray to imperial blue but thats cause i know the bloke. He'd usually charge nearer 2k. But still i aint got ?1500!!!

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
14-06-01, 02:10 PM
you is best to find a relative who has compressors/spray guns etc etc...

thats what im doing, getting him to do it in me garage if i keep my car. Gonna get it done white, which is an easy colour

Anonymous
14-06-01, 05:33 PM
it may even be cheaper to get a compressor and spray gun

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
14-06-01, 10:22 PM
i was gonna go for something nice like blue (rather than my old yellow colour) but i might just have it redone yellow... or do it missen black or summit like that. cant go far wrong with black really can ya.

Anonymous
15-06-01, 12:21 AM
blacks too hot in summer

whites nice, stands out good

Anonymous
15-06-01, 01:48 AM
yeah but there is a slight problem with white... White cars get nicked round my area.
My yellow ones had a few close calls coz it looks white at night... Dunno why but car thieves near me seem to prefer white cars... Particularly ones like novas where any nob wiv a screwdriver can drive off in it.

Anonymous
15-06-01, 08:36 AM
cant say ive noticed my black car getting too hot. yes the body work may get hot but the inside dont feel any different coz the glass is the same no matter what colour the car is.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
15-06-01, 11:28 AM
ahh well

mates black nova gets lotto hotter than me metallic one

and white novas look MINT... very nice. wont get nicked from me drive... caus it wont

only old people live round ere... and got an alarm... and a guard cat

:)

Anonymous
15-06-01, 04:47 PM
blacka a crap colour. cars do get hot and there not easy to match if u change a part for example(like wing). blacks a "challenge" to keep clean as well.

whites a nice easy colour to paint and fix up at later stage.

as for cost of respray, wot do u want?

exterior only done by garage/bodyshop could cost nething between ?400 and ?600. with 2 pac paint. metallic costs more.
full resprays start at a grand for a good one with 2 pac pearlescent paint. again metallic a bit extra.

as for a mate it depends how much you spend and how much effort they can be bothered putting in to it.
if u get car sprayed by m8 and hes not too good dont go for metallic. get cellulose or 2 pac paint. and you get wot u pay for.

my advice get a good compressor(about 8cfm) and use cellulose paint and do it URSELF. take ur time prep it well and itll look ok. get a gun for about ?40 and compressor ?250 upward. and have fun :)

my money figures i put up there is wot u pay for good job. nething less ull be getting a worse job unless the sprayer a very good m8.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

Anonymous
15-06-01, 04:57 PM
as we all have different opinions i will state mine. I think black/very dark greys/tungston colours look sexy as hell. you can get a gorgeous shine on one much better than a white one. i havent found it a "challenge" to keep black clean either. lucky maybe hmm

but DIY is a good option coz its expanding yer skills and then you could do one for a mate and make the money back.

Anonymous
15-06-01, 05:20 PM
erm black cars r hard to keep clean unless u wash it everday FACT!

and black paint does get hotter on outside(which is where ur painting) cos if u dont do good job in heat it will flake and peel off (unfortunately from experience i know that! )
my piece said :D

so get the prep rite!!! sand and sand and sand till ur hands are completely smooth on inside!!!

cellulose paint cost bout ?40 a litre not cheap but easy to paint with.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

Anonymous
16-06-01, 04:16 PM
it all depends on what you want to do with the car as for changing the colour i wouldn't if i was you, too much work involved done my own a different colour but i done the paintwork myself if you can do that then go for it if not stay with the colour you have now

Anonymous
20-06-01, 01:32 PM
OK so i am thinking maybe i will save up and buy a nova in the colour i want... Me thinks this is the best idea and probably as cost effective too.