PDA

View Full Version : sri help

novatracker
29-01-06, 05:39 PM
hello boy. i like the new forum it looks good. anyway got a wee probleam with my sri. i have resently baught a ashley fourbranch manifold but it does not have a mount for the lamda sensor to go in to. does any body have any idears what i could do to keep the sensor with the engine?
thanks for any help.

Adam
29-01-06, 06:20 PM
Get a lambda boss welded in at your local exhaust/fabrication place.
I got a lambda boss put in my SR 4 branch as i was fitting it to my fuel injection engine.

novatracker
29-01-06, 06:26 PM
how far down the exhaust did u get it welded? just thinking because the std manifold has got the lamda for two cylinder only.

Adam
29-01-06, 06:29 PM
Get it put in at the side of the collector.
Where the 4branches come into one pipe.

I see your in Scotland, have you heard of IIRC Meercats (or something like that) exhausts?
They did my lambda boss.
Do you want a pic of mine?

Adam
29-01-06, 06:33 PM
I've just thought of something.
What engine was the manifold off?
If its off a SR engine then it wont fit your SRI exhaust system.

novatracker
29-01-06, 06:35 PM
i a pic would be good. its a ashley manifold and full systeam for a sr. where is that company located?

Adam
29-01-06, 06:47 PM
No idea wheres about. I was just told it was called Meercat exhausts IIRC.

Ahh thats ok then. I have a full ashley SR system and manifold on mine. Fits perfect.

I'll get a pic of mine.

Adam
29-01-06, 06:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/P1010001131.jpg

You will also need a Heated Lambda sensor, i got mine off ebay for ?18. You then wire the heated lambda to the fuel pump relay, earthed to the cam carrier, and then the black signal wire plugs in to where the old lambda did.

novatracker
29-01-06, 06:57 PM
i take it the heater circut should swith off after the engines running? as the fuel pump will still be geting power to it. what is ur lamda sensor off?

Adam
29-01-06, 07:02 PM
My lambda sensor is brand new. Its a universal 3 wire sensor.
No, the lambda heater element is heated up whenever the fuel pump is switched on.
As the lambda is too far down the exhaust stream and wont reach its full operating temperature, which is why you need a heated sensor.

novatracker
29-01-06, 07:13 PM
o right i c what u mean. i noticed you had ur head off in the pic. whats wronge with ur car?

Adam
29-01-06, 07:15 PM
Nar, thats one of my spare ones ;) lol

novatracker
29-01-06, 07:19 PM
ok ill try that did u find a differance with the peformance? was it ok around town or was it running ruff?

Adam
29-01-06, 07:21 PM
Runs a lot better, as its a bigger bore system, as well as the de-cat and 4-branch manifold, its a lot better.
And a new lambda should improve mpg :)

novatracker
29-01-06, 07:40 PM
sounds good. what sort of engine spec do u run?

Adam
29-01-06, 07:47 PM
1200 SPI 8v. lol
GTE cam, Ashley 4 branch, ashley full 2" system, decat. It sounds luvley for a 1.2 engine, real nice burble.

It should be around 60bhp now, 44bhp standard :)
Pulls a lot better than when i had it, in std form it really struggled once you got into 3rd gear. But it pulls all through the gears now to the limiter, well 1st-3rd, i've never had it on the limiter in 4th.

I might be getting it on the RR soon.

novatracker
29-01-06, 08:03 PM
i know what u mean by the sound of the ashley i had it on my old 1.3sr it was just awesome and poped and banged coming down throught the gears after a play