PDA

View Full Version : fitting SRI interior

reido
24-01-06, 06:32 PM
im in the process of fitting an SRI interior to my nova (1.2 luxe)

ive got the 2 front standard seats out and when i went to fit the sri ones i came accross a problem,the subframes seem different

can someone please give me a guide how i go about fitting the seats

regards chris

probert_nova
24-01-06, 06:48 PM
i think i know what you mean, 1.2 seats usually need a bracket with 2 bolts either side to hold the front down but sri seats have just one hole either side already on yes? so they just bolt on to the existing hole in the floor, other two holes don't get used. on the rear parts of the seats just slide it on. they're held in position differently but they do fit. let me know if you want pics or pictures coz its hard to explain.

reido
24-01-06, 07:06 PM
yea some pics would be helpful cos i cant see how the sri runners will fit onto the standard ones it just doesnt seem possible

probert_nova
24-01-06, 07:16 PM
alright mate ,will upload some now

Adam
24-01-06, 07:22 PM
Basically slide the SRI seat subframe onto the floor mountings(put the seat in the car behind where it is normally, then slide if forward and line up the hook type metal bracket into the floor mounting), and two bolts then hold that to the floor instead of 4 that used to hold your 1.2 seats.

probert_nova
24-01-06, 07:32 PM
gsi seats pictured but they're the same

http://photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/seat/

reido
24-01-06, 07:48 PM
the bolts at the front arent the problem,there is mountings coming out of the floor and they seem to interfear with the sliders on my sri seats,i just cant work out the sliding part

cheers for the pics but i still cant seem to understand it all

probert_nova
24-01-06, 08:04 PM
not sue what you mean, could do with pics or a diagram. not the plastic bits covering them?

Martin
24-01-06, 08:14 PM
i kno its off topic but... what happend to the white nova?? probert??

probert_nova
24-01-06, 08:18 PM
see top of this page
http://photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/white%20nova/?

wrote off on the way to donny show last year, bonnet flew on motorway, pulled into hard shoulder and then hitby lorry.

Martin
24-01-06, 09:01 PM
damn shame that m8.. was a mint nova aswell ....

Martin

reido
24-01-06, 09:04 PM
i cant get pics unfortunatly. wot do you mean by the plastic bits? do you mean the plastic strips that are over the mountings coming out of the floor.
the runners that are on the sri seats just dont seem to match the ones that are on the car. when i took the standard seats off there was 'hook like things' which sorted of clipped onto the standard runners, but when i look at the bottom of the sri seats i dont see anything that will 'hook' onto the mounting on the floor?

is that better explained or is it still confusing you lol?

probert_nova
24-01-06, 09:37 PM
right maybe this might help a little more.lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/f7fi7kikf.jpg