PDA

View Full Version : exhaust wont line up...

1.3sr_kane
24-01-06, 05:18 PM
guys i have a scorpion exhaust sytem that i bought took off my cr*p standard zaust off and layed it next to the scorpion the scorpion must be off a mk 2... so was thinking bout cutting off the bottom spliter thing on my rear bumper.. and then putting a laguna splitter on it and then cutting the hole out of that. as the hole on my bumper is too far over to the wheel and on a mk2 they are further towards the centre of the car... anyone had this problem???

srnova_87
24-01-06, 06:41 PM
i have, i bought a universal backbox for my mk1 (bad idea lol) and it wouldnt fit, would have scrubbed against the wheels where it is so close to where the hole in the bumper is. theres 2 solutions. 1 is to have (if possible) the backbox part of the system poking out at a slight angle, might look shit tho i duno. 2nd (this is wot i did) is to cut another hole in the bumper where it naturally wants to come out, and fill the other hole in. hope this kinda helps :D

1.3sr_kane
29-01-06, 10:53 PM
yer but where i fill the other hole in it will look ****e!! unless i respray it! anyone know if a mk2 bumper would be better??? and does it bolt straight on??

Jack
29-01-06, 11:06 PM
Easiest option would be to enlarge the existing hole so its wider, thus accomodating the new exhaust.

afaik the Mk2 bumper should go on fine though.

tappingt
01-02-06, 01:36 PM
I bought one of the custom ones of ebay, not a good idea they do not fit, eventho you have to state what ltre and year your car is. I had to bend the support bar the whole way around the exhaust being careful not to brake the weld.