PDA

View Full Version : How depressing is it listening to music,

orange_andy
23-01-06, 09:48 PM
well how depressing, got some WAXER tune on the radio just reminding me of faliraki i was just a nieve 18year old, (on a late break with me mam who paid of course,) pretending to be a 21 year old and LIVING IT LARGE oh the stories, now this tune on the radio reminds me of it, makes me just wanna go to a club abroad, anyone else have this problem with songs that just pump you up!

Nick
23-01-06, 11:08 PM
not really lol

everytime i hear a good track i go learn it on my guitar !

but then i probably listen to different music

wisewood
24-01-06, 08:36 AM
guitars aren't so popular on faliraki clubs :lol:

I love listening to music!!! Just never seem to get the chance :?

Nova_Houch7
24-01-06, 08:51 AM
I listen to music all day, literally! To get me in the mood for the day ahead, i tend to stick a cd on in my room rely loud, n then when i go out, i dont go without my mp3 player, and the charger lol. and ill come home and listen to music again.

Wat sorta music u into u guys?

L

wisewood
24-01-06, 09:30 AM
pretty much anything... within reason lol.

orange_andy
24-01-06, 10:20 AM
same, anything really, but prefer dance, good old annual and gatecrasher ect, and bit of bonkers only some songs, dont like the BANG BANG BANG, prefer a lyrics song mixed with the BANG bang

Nick
24-01-06, 04:02 PM
same, anything really, but prefer dance, good old annual and gatecrasher ect, and bit of bonkers only some songs, dont like the BANG BANG BANG, prefer a lyrics song mixed with the BANG bang

what?!

I'm into most stuff, just not country + western, garage and Shit commercial rubbish.

Like all the oldies like Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Blue oyster cult e.t.c pantera, maiden, metallica, dream theater e.t.c

Then stuff like Soulwax, DJ yoda, Mylo, Prodigy

Huge variation , but no gangsta crap

wisewood
24-01-06, 04:22 PM
Ice Cube and Snoop were good back in the day - but these days its all OTT and crap by comparison.

Jack
24-01-06, 05:11 PM
Can't beat a good bit of trip hop.

Generally, if anything is in the charts or played on Radio 1 these days, chances are I won't like it :lol:

sickrabbit
24-01-06, 06:03 PM
Oldies are way better than the tripe of today ...led Zeppelin , Floyd , Ozric tentacles ect ect .
Thank god the drum n bass scene is still alive , and although its undergound , psy trance with acts like Hallucinogen , Man with no name , Astral projection are still going strong.

BUT

If you want music to depress you look no further than Portishead.

If you play any of the Ports music its strongly advised not to go near any sharp objects for quite some time.

Jack
24-01-06, 06:09 PM
Portishead are fantastic!

hendrix
24-01-06, 06:12 PM
portishead, yes YES!!! wrecked my stereo listening to that, the bass is well dark!! The album with wondering star is great!!
but as said the best music for me is oldies: Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Doors, Led Zep, The Who, Pink Floyd, Canned Heat, Free, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Lynard Skynard etc etc and latterly the likes of anything new school punk/ska (non commercial), metal
really like reggae too, Bob Marley pre 1977ish is well good.

sickrabbit
24-01-06, 06:37 PM
For those with an ear for tha oldies ( speshly if youre a "head ") try to obtain this one...Live Herald by Steve Hillage. Theres one track one the album , " searching for the spark " that really hits the spot and mashes the old sphongle .........

Rexy
24-01-06, 07:05 PM
music isnt depressing, i love poncing around my flat listening to Pussy cat dolls or busted.

Commercial Pop Rules - Just kidding. Give me some good old Bass with a kick drum and funky breakbeat mixed with a handful of techno magic beans and some chiili sauce. Yummy :D

FlatBeatBoy
25-01-06, 01:50 AM
music isnt depressing, i love poncing around my flat listening to Pussy cat dolls or busted.

Commercial Pop Rules - Just kidding. Give me some good old Bass with a kick drum and funky breakbeat mixed with a handful of techno magic beans and some chiili sauce. Yummy :D

i love you

Hardcore for me or drum n bass and some hard trance and ill be a happy bunny