PDA

View Full Version : Bonnets?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 01:38 PM
Is there any diff between Mk1 and Mk2 bonnets?

I thought they were all the same but Seem to remember Lancy mentioning something about him needing a MK2 bonnet. Can someone clear this up for me, please.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:14 PM
Don't know, but I have a question, if you buy a bonnet, how the hell do you get it home ??? (unless you have a van) I have to solve his by Saturday when I pick my new bonnet up.

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:19 PM
well if u can get rid of the old one at the same place, you can then fit it on while your there, its only held on with 4 bolts :D

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:20 PM
Strip out back of car and put it in diagonally.

MK2 bonnets have two pin holes at front where crap badge goes. Thats why I cant just take my badge off! Apart from that, they are the same.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:20 PM
the only diff is that the mk1 has no badge on ,i think anyway.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:25 PM
Dunno Damian.

I was just wondering whether i can put vent's in my Mk1 bonnet and it'll still be ok when i facelift the car.

By the sounds of it the answer is yes. :-)

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:55 PM
oh yeh i almost forgot, we managed to get a nova bonnet in the back of a 205gti without stripping it out, it stood up behind the seats with 2 corners of it sticking outside each window lmao!

Anonymous
12-06-01, 05:14 PM
a pug !!!! aaaahhhhh, well at least it had a Nova part inside it !!

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 08:34 PM
so i have a mk1 bonnet?? Ok then! i don't mind cause I DON'T HAVE THE BADGE!! (sorry mc)

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*