PDA

View Full Version : Rev counter (digi dash)

Nath
23-01-06, 06:20 PM
ok i got my digi dash all wired in and working apart from my rev counter. being a 1.2 merit it doesnt have one standered, anyway ive run a wire from the dash to the coil..... but where do i connect it? theres 3 plugs coming out of the coil, which one do i connect it up too?

also i cannot for the life of me get the dash to fit into the car properly, do u have to modify anything for it to fit?

Adam
23-01-06, 06:31 PM
You sure you dont have a green wire taped up somewhere near the clocks?

Its the bottom right on the coil IIRC. The one that isn't used.

F188CHG
23-01-06, 06:32 PM
ok i got my digi dash all wired in and working apart from my rev counter. being a 1.2 merit it doesnt have one standered, anyway ive run a wire from the dash to the coil..... but where do i connect it? theres 3 plugs coming out of the coil, which one do i connect it up too?

also i cannot for the life of me get the dash to fit into the car properly, do u have to modify anything for it to fit?

There should b a wire for it there was on my 1.2 merit and you need to bend the bars on eather side of the dash 2 make it fit :wink:

F188CHG
23-01-06, 06:34 PM
p.s. cut the white taps/fins of the digi dash with a hacksaw :wink:

Nath
23-01-06, 06:53 PM
thats already done as the dash come out of a nova. cheers baxter :lol:

hmmm im going to get my light out and have a look

Nath
23-01-06, 07:36 PM
cheers guys its sorted!! never had a wire from my coil at all. as i now know theres a 4th slot thats unused, stuck the wire into that and hey presto it works!!! just gotta get it fitted into my dash tommorow now

Nath
24-01-06, 03:23 PM
anyone from the midlands witha digi dash wanna come help me get it in lol? its all working but i cannot for the life of me get it into my dash. the top goes in fine but the bottom wont.

Help before i start hitting it with a hammer lol

Adam
24-01-06, 05:23 PM
Just keep at it, it will go in, eventually :lol:
IIRC baxter had it in his nova with just the tabs cut off, no mods to the dash.

johnny27
24-01-06, 06:56 PM
first digidash i had fitted to my 1.2 merit was an astra 8v dash. Could not 4 luv nor money ever get it to sit right, even with the bars bent as far as possible, the bottom always sat too far out. That dash evenutally went faulty after a year or so. Bought a 16v digidash, guess what, dash fitted flush no prob. Strange really as the back of both dashes are excat same.

johnny27
24-01-06, 06:58 PM
i'm guessing some sorta sloppy factory machine tolerance is at fault lol