PDA

View Full Version : Damn de-locked doors!!

MARTIN KELSON
23-01-06, 10:54 AM
Whot a pain the ar*se.
Went to parents house Saturday where Nova lives and thought its been a while since started it, so stick battery on charge then Sunday pop around and start it up.

Pressed remote to disarm alarm and unlock.......Nothing!!
Battery was flat as a fart.
Oh sh1t i have de-locked doors, still have boot lock but its reversed as far back as poss so dad can get his other car in garage to and of course i leave it in gear so i wont move.

Luckily jacked it up yesterday, was going to try to connect charger to starter motor live and put enough power in to pop doors so i could open bonnet, but managed to get my puny little arms upto slam pannel find bonnet cable and yank.

There is at least one negative point for not using car enough!!

nova---chris
23-01-06, 12:10 PM
just slide your hand behind the front grill and pull the bonnet pull cable.
Can do it without wrecking owt. Had to do this a few times with the old car. all good fun.

Lee H
23-01-06, 01:20 PM
Or remove the ** removed for security reasons by admin, we dont like telling people how to steal our cars**, even easier unfortunately :o

MARTIN KELSON
23-01-06, 01:28 PM
Managed to pop bonnet yesterday and get some charge into battery to open doors.
It was just a pain the backside to be honest.
I knew one day i would happen just good job i suppose i was at home and not at a show and couldn't get in!!

All the fun of modified cars i suppose!

Jim
23-01-06, 01:31 PM
Managed to pop bonnet yesterday and get some charge into battery to open doors.
It was just a pain the backside to be honest.
I knew one day i would happen just good job i suppose i was at home and not at a show and couldn't get in!!

All the fun of modified cars i suppose!

Could have been worse. You could have had a f****d fuse which stopped your doors from popping whilst you were at a cruise then had to call the AA out to open your door :roll: :oops:

Jim

craig green
23-01-06, 04:04 PM
Been here a few times myself.. crawling through the boot.

I was gonna wire a +ve charging port into the blanking hole for the OE aerial. Just wip the cover off & put jump leads on the wire & an Earth wire to recharge/jump.

wisewood
23-01-06, 04:09 PM
quite a good idea that one!

Lee
23-01-06, 04:45 PM
Could have been a lot worse mate!!

When I bought my Nova, to say it was a rolling bodge mobile would be an understatement! It had (and still has) a flush tailgate with a solenoid that just made a noise and did nothing, and corsa door handles, ie, a lock on the drivers side and no lock on the passenger side.

So when arriving at my car one morning, unlocking it and then pulling on the door handle to find that nothing happened came as a bit of a surprise. As you can imagine, there was bugger all way of getting in the car, and my tool kit was in the boot!

Tried the usual break and enter teqhniques that nova TWOCers love to no avail, as the previous owner had stratigically rivetted plates of ally to stop said method. (probly the only intelligent thing he'd done!)

In the end i prised the rear quarter window out with a dinner knife, promptly smashing it into a million little pieces. Was a very cold drive to work that morning!

Adam
23-01-06, 05:18 PM
Lol, i've been locked out of mine many times, the boot came to my rescue,lol.
Mine wasn't a flat battery tho, just the alarm playing up :roll: lol