PDA

View Full Version : Changing wiper stalks?

Rich
22-01-06, 11:12 PM
I've put new wiper stalks in to replace the ugly nova ones, i think out of somthing like an astra f. When the ignition is on the rear wiper keeps going, and i can't turn it off. The front wipers and washers are fine, so i was wonder if i need to swap a couple of wires around?

It could just be that the stalk is faulty, but i thought i would ask because i've read on ebay adverts 'modified stalks for a nova'.

Thanks for any help

Jon_nova1
23-01-06, 09:49 AM
corsa ones fit too, either cut the power to the rear wiper, or find play with the power into the stalk and power to the wiper from the stalk, what speed does the wiper go :lol:

Adam
23-01-06, 12:22 PM
It sounds like you have jammed the stalk in the rear wiper position.

I fitted Astra f ones to mine, fitted straight in, and worked no problems at all.
I dont have a rear wiper on my car tho.

tinyrally1
23-01-06, 06:35 PM
I have had the problem with the rear wiper being on all the time

It ended up being the rear wiper relay which is situated behind the rear arch trim on the left hand side. I replaced that and its fine

loggyboy
24-01-06, 12:04 PM
U have to trim the steering column cowling so it doesnt foul the stalks movement, id guess thats the likely cause.

Rich
24-01-06, 07:54 PM
I doubt it would be the relay as it was working with the origional stalk. Ive got the wiring diagram and ive been told that i just need to swap a few wires over on the loom. Thanks for the help