PDA

View Full Version : LET or redtop

JAMIEP
22-01-06, 03:23 PM
Is the 2.0 turbo much harder to put in then a redtop cos im hopefully gonna have it done when the cars finished and if its gonna be the same amount of work etc id much rather have the turbo! cheers

Ben
22-01-06, 04:05 PM
The engines themselves are exactly the same just with the turbo you have the intercooler to mount and the pipework to route which isnt hard, the wiring is nigh on the same.

Main thing is what gearbox your going to run, the F20 is easier than the F28 but even then thats not difficult just more work.

If you can afford the turbo and insurance then go for what you want, the extra work isnt hard and if you want it, do it.

JAMIEP
22-01-06, 05:02 PM
cheers, thing is tho do u have to remove the bumper and lights etc to fit it bcause mines blended in to the wings?? and do u have to have a front mounted intercooler?? thanks

Ben
22-01-06, 05:51 PM
You dont have to have one there just fashionable due to lots of scoobies and evo's having them, i dont like them personally but IMO your better off having the intercooler mounter on the front to get as much cool air as possible but just not in your face like some.

Some people go mad when fitting engines and remove wings etc just to be careful, just go steady and you might get away with it. I do remove the bumpers but thats for ease.

Lee
22-01-06, 08:35 PM
You can also use a chargecooler instead of an Intercooler, theyre a lot smaller and easier to fit in!

Also, go for a corsa diesel rad or something similar, not a GSi unit which is fine for an XE but not really up to the job of cooling a LET.

I take it your using the car mainly on the road? Definately go for the LET in that case, but if your intending to do a lot of track days, id go for an XE for the rev range, but thats jus me :lol:

JAMIEP
22-01-06, 09:18 PM
good im glad u dont need to remove everything....although i wont be doing it myself i aint got a clue with engines! yeh i will be only using it on the road, are they ok to use as a daily driver? how much can i pick an engine gearbox and loom for do u no? or is it easier to get a whole car cos the bloke who quoted me on a redtop was gonna use parts of the car not a conversion kit. thanks

lee 16v
24-01-06, 09:25 PM
there is a turbo lump on ebay m8
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8030441448&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1